Security System Technician
Installation | Kensington, MD | Full Time
Who we are: A systems integration company with diversified offerings of services that include electronic security systems, audio/video integration, commercial/residential systems integration etc.
Who you are: A driven, hardworking, and experienced Electronic Security Installer/Technician in the Washington DC metropolitan area with an understanding that your work will assist in creating and maintaining the face of our company.
What you will do: Perform both residential and commercial electronic security system installation and maintenance.
Install, maintain and repair security systems including alarm devices, access control, CCTV and related equipment based on blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans. Complete disconnects, upgrades, downgrades, pre-wires, multiple dwelling installations and customer education.
- Maintain equipment and analyze operational malfunctioning with testing devices such as meters and telephone test equipment to locate and diagnose nature of defect and ascertain repairs to be made. Test and repair circuits and sensors based on wiring and system specifications.
- Operate and test equipment to ensure elimination of malfunction.
- Lift and climb ladders to install, disconnect or repair necessary equipment.
- Maintain professional decorum appropriate to business and homes. A neat and professional appearance is necessary.
- Insure that company vehicle is stocked to insure proper installation and maintenance. Vehicle must be maintained, maintenance record documented and driven safely at all times and any mechanical problems reported to Supervisor.
- Consistently meet productivity/unit/quality standards.
- Must perform work in compliance with all safety standards.
- Works on on-call basis as schedule demands.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills & Requirements:
- Security License is required (DCJS for VA or equivalent for MD/DC)
- Positive and proactive attitude
- A degree in electronics from a technical/trade school or a solid understanding of electronics with related work experience.
- Strong understanding and application of relay devices including switches, sensors etc.
- Strong communication skills in order to effectively communicate with co-workers, management and customers.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematic drawings.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Ability to pass a comprehensive background check.
- Previous experience in working with the government is an advantage
- Preferred applicants should be able to discuss examples of completed projects and provide positive references
- Passion to proactively seek solutions
- Entrepreneurship, sense of urgency: The successful candidate will possess a high energy level which allows them to react to situations quickly and decisively, possessing self-confidence.
- Professional work ethic: The successful candidate will reject setbacks and will enthusiastically persist until any problems are resolved. The candidate will be resourceful and innovative in tackling complex issues.
- Image and presence: The successful candidate will have significant exposure to the customers and industry partners alike and must project the professional image of the company, both internally and externally.
- Accountability: The successful candidate should be a results oriented team player who leads by example, holds themselves accountable for performance and takes absolute ownership of issues and champions all aspects of installation and support.