Moneypenny (Executive Personal Assistant)
Administrative | Kensington, MD | Full Time
Are you smart, organized, and up for a good challenge? Are you driven to solve problems and help others? This is your chance to get in on the ground floor of a fast-growing, entrepreneurial-minded business and work hand-in-hand with the CEO to ensure the company’s growth and success.
Casaplex is a fast growing technology provider that integrates cutting-edge technology into all types of smart homes and smart buildings for high-end residential, government, hospitality, education, and commercial clients. Our mission is to enhance the way we live, work, and play through the innovative use of technology.
Casaplex is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant with top-notch organizational skills and exceptionally sound judgment to support our CEO. The Executive Assistant will be responsible for a range of strategic, operational, and administrative matters that are critical to our company’s success. She or he will exercise significant discretion to ensure that the CEO’s time is focused on priority matters and that his calendar, travel arrangements, and correspondence are carefully managed. She or he must be able to initiate and manage projects independently, and have a knack for anticipating and responding to logistical, informational, and other needs. The Assistant will be expected to perform her/his duties with a high degree of autonomy, which will require an ability to build trust with the CEO. To facilitate this, the Assistant must be highly dependable, hard-working, and loyal, with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Help organize the CEO to effectively accomplish all his daily tasks and long-term responsibilities. Develop systems to support the CEO in continually re-assessing and re-prioritizing internal and external responsibilities, requests, and ideas, in order to ensure progress toward strategic goals.
- Seamlessly manage a rapid flow of work each day, including dozens of responsibilities that span multiple projects and alternate between immediate, practical tasks (e.g., scheduling, arranging travel); short-term, important tasks (e.g., preparing the CEO for his meetings by providing timely, concise summaries of relevant background information); and big picture, long-term strategic priorities (e.g., preparing quarterly progress updates for the CEO).
- Serve as the CEO’s “gatekeeper” and “gateway,” by developing, nurturing, and managing relationships with Casaplex employees, clients, and partners
- Anticipate the CEO’s needs and generate solutions to existing and potential problems
- Perform other related duties as requested or as responsibilities dictate
- At least 3 years of experience managing an executive office, with significant, increasing responsibilities including comprehensively supporting and managing up to a busy executive; managing internal and external relationships; and handling sensitive information
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills, with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and deal with highly confidential information
- Advanced problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to current and potential challenges
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including an articulate, diplomatic, and highly responsive communication style
- Unusually strong attention to detail and a sharp memory
- Willingness to work outside standard office hours to provide the best support possible.
- Interest in and enthusiasm for a role that operates almost exclusively behind the scenes.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows and Mac OS X environments, computer hardware and software at an intermediate or advanced level
- Advanced skill with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and Google Apps (Docs, Sheets)
- Command of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Apps (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.); CRM software experience (Salesforce preferred); and high aptitude for learning new technologies and technology troubleshooting
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fluency in Spanish (spoken)
- Ability to pass a comprehensive background check
Additional Preferred Experience / Knowledge
- Well traveled
- Well spoken
- Computer Whiz
- British accent a plus
- Passion to proactively seek solutions
- Entrepreneurship and a sense of urgency: The successful candidate will possess a high energy level which allows them to react to situations quickly and decisively, possessing self-confidence.
- Professional work ethic: The successful candidate will reject setbacks and will enthusiastically persist until any problems are resolved. The candidate will be resourceful and innovative in tackling complex issues.
- Image and presence: The successful candidate will have significant exposure to the Clients and industry partners alike and must project the professional image of the company, both internally and externally.
- Commitment: The successful candidate should be a results oriented team player who leads by example and feels a sense of personal responsibility for the CEO’s success and that of the company.
- In your cover letter, please also include what Miss Moneypenny's first name is in the early James Bond films.