Installation | Kensington, MD | Full Time and Part Time
Who we are: A systems integration company with diversified offerings of services that include electronic security systems, audio/video integration, commercial/residential systems integration etc.
Who you are: A driven, hardworking, and energetic individual who is looking to learn more about the electrical industry with aspirations to be an Electrical Journeyman or Master in the Washington DC metropolitan area. Must have 3 years of experience in the field.
What you will do: Perform both residential and commercial electrical installation, maintenance, and service calls under the guidance of a trained and licensed electrician. The Electrical Apprentice is responsible for learning and performing the full range of journey-level electrical work including the installation and maintenance of residential/commercial/industrial electrical systems. This position works with high and low voltage systems and performs all work in accordance with the National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Review conduit drawings, schematics, and electrical drawings and specifications to assist in determining work requirements.
- Assist in the Install, repair, and maintain breaker boxes, electrical outlets, light switches, lighting fixtures, electrical wiring, fuses, and other components of an electrical system.
- Operate electrical equipment and tools such as hydraulic benders, knockout punch sets, cable pullers, volt meters, and testers.
- Inspect, isolate, troubleshoot, and repair electrical malfunctions using various test instruments.
- Perform routine electrical repair projects and preventative maintenance.
- Test electrical equipment for safety and efficiency.
- Fabricate electrical parts as required.
- Select, install, and pull wiring to the required equipment locations.
- Maintain accurate inventory of electrical parts, equipment, and related manuals.
- Prepare reports and conduct safety audits as required.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of other apprentice electricians and other crew members.
- Operate and test equipment to ensure elimination of malfunction.
- Lift and climb ladders to install, disconnect or repair necessary equipment.
- Maintain professional decorum appropriate to business and homes. A neat and professional appearance is necessary.
- Insure that company vehicle is stocked to insure proper installation and maintenance. Vehicle must be maintained, maintenance record documented and driven safely at all times and any mechanical problems reported to Supervisor.
- Consistently meet productivity/unit/quality standards.
- Must perform work in compliance with all safety standards.
- Obtaining the skill to terminate Aluminum or copper wiring
- Obtaining the skill to terminate twisted pair cable
- Obtaining the skill to terminate coaxial cable
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills & Requirements:
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Strong communication skills in order to effectively communicate with co-workers, management and customers.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematic drawings.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Ability to pass a comprehensive background check.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and use of algebraic formulas
- Read complex technical documents written in English
- Communicate in writing with others
- Planning and organizing tasks with others
- Strong communication skills
- Able to regularly lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Comfortable climbing ladders and poles up to 25 feet in air
- Able to work in extreme hot or cold temperature conditions
- Remain calm in a stressful, high pace environment
- Be self-motivated, responsible, and dependable without close supervision
- Entrepreneurship, sense of urgency: The successful candidate will possess a high energy level which allows them to react to situations quickly and decisively, possessing self-confidence.
- Professional work ethic: The successful candidate will reject setbacks and will enthusiastically persist until any problems are resolved. The candidate will be resourceful and innovative in tackling complex issues.
- Image and presence: The successful candidate will have significant exposure to the customers and industry partners alike and must project the professional image of the company, both internally and externally.
- Accountability: The successful candidate should be a results oriented team player who leads by example, holds themselves accountable for performance and takes absolute ownership of issues and champions all aspects of installation and support.