Cable / Wiring Technician
Installation | Kensington, MD | Full Time
CABLING / INSTALLATION TECHNICIAN
Premier Residential and Commercial technology company in the Washington, DC area is seeking qualified individuals to perform the installation of structural/network wiring.
The installation work will include pre-wire, trim-out, finish installation and testing of wiring for audio/video, control/automation, telephone and data, security alarms and CCTV systems.
Applicants should be punctual, motivated, self-starters with positive attitude, the ability to follow directions and translate written instructions/work-orders.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Accurately read wiring diagrams and scope of work
· Wire pulling in new and existing construction sites.
· Successfully terminate various types of copper connectors (fiber is a plus)
· Knowledge and understanding of signal & cable types
. Cable labeling
. Perform physical build of ladder rack
. Perform Cable Management
. Able to discuss best pathways, spaces bonding and grounding, firestopping.
. Good soldering skills is a plus
· Must be willing to work within deadlines and work well with other trades and peers.
· Proficient and able to use the correct trade tools and ability to follow safety standards while working on different types of constructions and finished sites.
· Must possess a clean professional appearance and positive attitude
· Must have own tools require for installations.
· Must have reliable transportation with a clean driving record, a valid driver’s license with proof of insurance.
. Willing to travel
· Must be able to safely lift up to 75 pounds, work in confined spaces (attics, crawl spaces, etc) in varied weather conditions.
· Must have at least 2+ years as a field installer.
· CTS or BICSI certification preferred but not required.
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· Computer proficiency required.
· Clean background check required.
· Good mechanical/fabrication skills are helpful
· Direct supervisory experience a plus
· Experience or interest in Audio/Visual Systems a plus
· Familiarity with Crestron/AMX controls a plus.
· Construction industry knowledge a plus
· Competitive wages
. Medical/Dental Benefits
· Outstanding long term career opportunities with room for advancement for the right individuals.