Online Customer Acquisition Manager
Marketing | San Francisco, CA
CaptainU is the #1 online network for youth and college sports, supporting over 500,000 student-athletes to get to the next level and play on a college team. CaptainU was founded by a team of former athletes, coaches and engineers focused on leveling the playing field for athletes and paving a path to compete at a higher level. In addition to student-athletes, CaptainU connects all major players in youth sports, including college coaches, event directors, youth teams and service providers, in one platform to increase exposure and connectivity.
The Manager of Customer Acquisition Marketing will be responsible for driving new athletes, coaches and youth sports participants to CaptainU. The role will enhance existing and drive new marketing channels to identify, target and acquire new users. The ideal candidate will have worked in the strategy, implementation and optimization of consumer-facing online marketing programs, as well as partnership generation with other companies in the ecosystem. You will develop ROI objectives, create and implement a roadmap for testing, learning and rollout of marketing programs that will drive profitable new customer acquisition for CaptainU. Candidates should have a passion for technology, sports & marketing and a desire to roll up their sleeves in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Help identify segments of new potential users and channels to drive growth.
- Develop, test and implement new user acquisition programs, including online, social and mobile initiatives.
- Work with internal and external partners to develop programs that drive users and revenue.
- Own key metrics and reporting around new user acquisition. Track and analyze program results and improve performance based on learning.
- Drive creation of new marketing materials, landing pages, email copy with a plan to ab test and iterate to constantly increase and improve registration and conversion.
- Leverage marketing data and communications channels to find highly qualified new users for the CaptainU network.
BA/BS degree required.
3-5 years of online acquisition marketing experience in a consumer-focused company with a demonstrated track record of driving results.
Ability to be both strategic and tactical to prioritize opportunities, test and implement successful campaigns.
Deep expertise in online acquisition ranging from SEO, SEM, PPC, banner ads/networks, and partnerships, to deliver against an agreed upon ROI.
Strong analytic skills and a high level of proficiency in Excel; database/SQL experience preferred. Knowledge of Google Analytics, MixPanel, Optimizely are a plus.
Efficient, highly productive multitasker; self-motivated and flexible; thrives in entrepreneurial environment.
Passion for/experience in youth/college sports is a plus.