Payroll | Culver City, CA | Full Time
Purpose: The Payroll Coordinator is responsible to ensure that assigned and team client payrolls are processed timely and accurately.
- Provide superior customer service to their assigned clients. Continue to build strong relationships with the clients to ensure longevity and additional work for the operations.
- All tasks associated with the preparation, processing, and completion of time-sensitive payroll
- As needed will work as a team to assists fellow coordinators and other team members with clients and/or payroll entry depending on payroll volume and due date.
- Will be able to understand federal and state wage and hour laws and union contracts so that the payroll is process accurately and ensures good service to our clients.
- Enters and manages all assigned client payrolls into shared Google Docs calendar under its due date.
- Communicates with clients in a timely manner regarding payroll questions while preparing and processing payroll.
- Performs quality check on payrolls to ensure they were entered correctly according to their specific client protocols (this may include deductions, manually calculated handling fees, and tax adjustments).
- Ensures that payrolls are approved on time and by assigned due date.
- Shows reasonable judgment and determines when a client issue and/or request and/or question should be elevated to management.
- Coordinates with the accounting department to ensure funds received prior to releasing payroll or prior to releasing a foreign wire (when applicable).
- Processes adjustments to rectify incorrectly paid employees, amongst other reasons.
- Responsible for protecting the business and our clients by keeping information confidential and secure.
- Will be able to successfully complete any responsibility of the Data Entry Clerk, the Payroll Clerk and the Payroll Processing Associate.
- Performing any additional tasks deemed necessary by supervisor
- At least 3 years of experience in payroll processing or payroll accounting preferably in the Entertainment Production industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective, clear communication skills
- Positive, nurturing attitude/disposition
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively with a team
- Ability to meeting strict deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of PC systems, not limited to Microsoft Office
- Quick learning ability and deep understanding of technical products/systems
- Ability to develop strong working relationships and ability to work with personnel from all levels of organization
- Self-motivated, critically-thinking, problem-solving
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Since 1991, CAPS has been the premier entertainment and production payroll partner for hundreds of companies throughout the entertainment world, including television commercials, feature films, sports and entertainment venues and live events, reality and feature TV, music tours, and extras talent. We provide entertainment payroll services for every major studio and hundreds of independent production companies and are experts in production payroll processing, national agreements, health, welfare and pension plans, wage & hour law.