Operations | Sterling, VA | Full Time
Capital Telecom Services (CTS) Technician 2
Position responsibilities: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Ability to understand and implement CAD and IBWave construction drawings;
2. Lacing and cable management per carrier standards
3. Fiber handling, splicing and dressing within IDF closets and HE rooms
4. Coaxial termination for all cable manufactures and cable types
5. Anritsu Site Master Sweep, OTDR and assisting with CW testing. PIM testing desirable
6. Implementation of carrier labeling requirements
7. Domestic travel up to 90% of the time.
Essential skills and experience:
1. Minimum of 2 years of DAS system Installations. Must have experience with Indoor/Outdoor systems including Corning/Mobile Access, CommScope/Andrews, Tyco/ADC, Solid or other DAS Products
2. Must have experience in repeaters and BTS systems
3. Must have DAS installation, commissioning and troubleshooting experience
4. Must have experience with wireless systems such as CDMA/EvDO, GSM/UMTS, LTE, WiMAX, SMR, Public Safety
5. Familiar with antenna sweep tests & PIM tests
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
7. Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand comments and questions of others
8. Ability to find solutions for or to deal proactively with work-related problems
9. Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures
10. Able to work independently or as a member of a crew to complete fiber optic, UTP, and/or coaxial cable installation projects as well as associated system components. Hands on experience installing vertical backbone and horizontal fiber optic and copper cable systems as well as proficiency with hand tools to be used in the installation of support structures, including conduit, cable trays, racks, patch panels, cable management systems, outlets, and jacks
11. DAS Technicians will have good interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to work in both premise and OSP environments (work from ladders, lifts, manholes, confined spaces and bucket trucks up to 30’ may be required). Technicians must be able to work overtime, after hours, and travel as needed.
Must be able to pass a background check
A clean driving record is required and candidate must provide a DMV record upon offer of employment.
Education: High school diploma/GED, military electronic specialization schools, or trade school certification. Manufacturer certification, as applicable, may be substituted for trade school certification. BICSI certification is a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: While performing duties of the job, Technicians will frequently be required to stand; walk; sit; bend; stoop; kneel; climb; pull; push; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. They will also frequently be required to lift a minimum of 75 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment usually moderate, but can become heavy or high depending on the equipment being used at the particular work site. Calculate figures and amounts. Climb and work on ladders at varying heights. Ability to distinguish colors. Operate scissor and/or boom lifts. Travel.