Operations | Sterling, VA | Full Time
Capital Telecom Services (CTS) Lead DAS Technician
This is a hands-on role implementing wireless infrastructure for Distributed Antenna Systems, Small Cell networks, WLAN networks and other technologies. The successful candidate will show the capacity to both work independently, as well as serve as a coach and mentor to other team members. Quality execution in this current role, as well as the capacity to grow with the company and take on increasing levels of management and responsibility are both valued in this position.
Essential Job Functions
• Installation, termination and troubleshooting of coaxial cable
• Installation and troubleshooting of fiber cable
• Detailed communication and documentation to team members for project status and testing results
• Quality Control – Maintaining Concise Quality standards
• Fiber and coax cable testing– including Cable Sweeps, VSWR, DTF, Return Loss, etc.
• Ensuring Concise Safety Management policies are rigorously implemented and adhered to.
• Installation and troubleshooting of low voltage electrical systems
• Coaching and mentoring other team mates in installation best practices and techniques
• Wireless data collection using PC based data collection software
• Maintain and manage an inventory of company assets used in the implementation of Wireless networks
• High School Degree required, Vocational Training Preferred
• 2+ years in a hands on capacity implementing Wireless Systems including fiber, coax and CAT5 cabling
• Strong customer support focus
• Fiber and coax installation, testing and troubleshooting experience
• Excellent communication skills – both written and oral, MS Office proficiency
• Basic Electrical knowledge including open/closed circuits, grounding etc.
• Basic Radio knowledge including wireless frequency bands, power measurements and wireless protocols (CDMA, UMTS, LTE, GSM, WLAN, etc.)
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to climb ladders, work on scissor lifts and cat walks
• Availability to work beyond normal business hours during critical project phases and deadlines
• Up to 50% Travel required, mostly within region (Mid-Atlantic Region)
• Candidate must have a clean driving record, and be able to pass a security background check.
• Anritsu Certification
• Fiber optic training from one of the major fiber optic equipment manufacturers.
• Fusion splicing experience.
• Knowledge of Communication protocols including TCP/IP, Packet Data etc.
• Experience using Wireless data collection software
• Experiencing performing OTDR measurements for fiber cable.
• Experience preparing technical reports with fiber, coax and/or wireless test data.
• Experience with Wireless Carrier installation standards
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. CTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates must be able to provide verification of eligibility to work in the United States.