Deputy Sheriff - PART TIME Courts & Transports
Sheriff's Office | Caldwell, ID | Part Time | From $23.44 to $23.44 per hour
Position Specific Duties:
- Inmate transportation/court appearance escort services.
Position Specific Qualifications:
- Applicants must be a current or former certified law enforcement officer and possess a minimum ten (10) years' experience as a certified law enforcement officer.
- Good standing with current or previous agency(s) prior to departure.
THE FOLLOWING ADDITIONAL FORMS ARE MANDATORY FOR ALL DEPUTY SHERIFF APPLICANTS. Application will be considered incomplete IF NOT SUBMITTED.
Commissioned - Additional Documents
- The Authorization to Release needs to be notarized; we can provide that service for you in our Human Resources office, if needed. You must be present at the time of signing with a valid Photo ID.
- Proof of education copy – this can be GED, high school diploma or official college transcripts
- Complete and upload the Canyon County Application form: CCSO Employment Application
Compensation: $23.44/Hour - 19.5 Hrs/Week
Application Period Ends: December 14th, 2023 4:00pm
General Statement of Duties
Performs general duty police work in assigned area of Sheriff’s office enforcing state and local laws and ordinances; performs related work as required.
The principal function of an employee in this class is to enforce state and local laws and ordinances. Officers may perform other assigned law enforcement and public safety duties. Work is performed under the direct supervision of a Sergeant and working supervision of a Corporal; some latitude is granted to the employee but work is subject to periodic performance audits and annual evaluations. Some assignments are subject to stringent State and local guidelines. The principal duties of this class are performed in a general office environment or detention facility and/or an outdoor environment that includes exposure to adverse weather conditions and to potential personal danger.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- May be on call after regular duty hours to respond to emergency situations;
- Inmate transportation/Court appearance escort services.
- Courtroom Security
- Performs other related duties as required.
Acceptable Experience and Training
- High school diploma or GED equivalency required and some college courses in criminal justice preferred;
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Idaho driver’s license;
- Must successfully complete a background investigation, including a polygraph examination, through the National Crime Information Center (NCIC).
Essential Physical Abilities
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to discern verbal instructions, communicate effectively, interrogate and interview people, discern noises that may require investigation, and perform telephone and radio communication;
- Sufficient visual acuity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to comprehend written work instructions, perform surveillance, sight and shoot a firearm, gather evidence at crime scenes, and coordinate and conduct detailed investigations;
- Sufficient manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to use a firearm safely and effectively, direct traffic, write reports, utilize equipment required for the performance of duties, and operate a vehicle;
- Sufficient personal mobility, flexibility, stamina, strength, agility, and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to direct traffic, bend or stoop repeatedly, maneuver through and over rough, uneven, slippery or rocky terrain, perform search activities for extended periods of time, physically apprehend and restrain an individual, and perform all duties required in a law enforcement environment.
- Canyon County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions related to recruitment and selection are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.