Customer Service Specialist - Detention - Booking
Sheriff's Office | Caldwell, ID | Full Time | From $18.57 to $18.57 per hour
EXPECT THE BEST
Be a part of an Agency rich with experience where you can pursue your passion
Apply below with the Canyon County Sheriff's Office
General Statement of Duties
Performs varied administrative support and clerical duties for the Sheriff’s Office; performs related work as required.
THE FOLLOWING ADDITIONAL FORMS ARE MANDATORY FOR ALL DETENTION CENTER CUSTOMER SERVICE SPEC. APPLICANTS. Application will be considered incomplete IF NOT SUBMITTED.
You will be directed to upload these completed documents when completing the application.
- Proof of education copy – this can be GED, high school diploma or official college transcripts
- Complete and Upload the following forms: Additional Paperwork for Non-Commissioned 2022
- The Authorization to Release needs to be notarized; we can provide that service for you in our office, if needed. You must be present at the time of signing with a valid Photo ID.
- Complete and upload the Canyon County Application form: Employment Application Fillable
- Typing tests results. You can complete this at www.typingtest.com
(Hourly: $18.57) ** Plus ** Health Benefits for Employee are covered by Employer!!
APPLICATION PERIOD ENDS: December 15th, 2022 4:00pm
An employee in this class performs a variety of clerical and administrative tasks in support of the Sheriff’s Office. Work includes entering data for police records, maintaining police records, files, statistics and related information, responding to Office information requests and other clerical duties such as composing letters and reports, typing documents, and filing. The work is performed under the supervision of a Lead or division supervisor. The principal duties of this class are performed in a general office or detention center environment.
Examples of Work (Illustrative Only)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (may vary with specific positions, this list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary):
- Answers incoming phone calls, greets the public, assisting and providing referrals to other offices or staff as needed;
- Compiles data and information to prepare reports, letters, memos and other documents;
- Maintains files of office records including police reports, computer records and other documents;
- Assists with research of informational requests;
- Enters data and maintains records;
- Uses various software applications and/or maintains a database of information;
- Performs a variety of clerical and administrative functions for the Office;
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail;
- Performs all work duties and activities in accordance with County and Office policies, procedures and safety practices.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- May be required to work non-traditional hours; shifts are staffed 24/7 and must be available weekends and holidays;
- Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Operation of a personal computer and various job-related software applications;
- Record keeping practices and procedures;
- Telephone etiquette and customer service techniques;
- Current office practices and procedures;
- English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Work cooperatively and constructively with fellow workers and members of the public to provide public service of the highest quality and quantity;
- Follow oral and written instructions;
- Learn Office programs, policies, procedures, and processes sufficiently enough to convey related information to the public and other County staff;
- Enter and retrieve data accurately and efficiently into a computerized police records system;
- File and maintain important records efficiently and accurately and to prepare clear and concise reports; maintain confidentiality of information processed or prepared;
- File and maintain complex clerical records;
- Operate a variety of standard office equipment, including a personal computer and applications appropriate to assigned duties;
- Type 30 wpm with accuracy;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, supervisory personnel, elected and appointed officials, and the public;
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Respond appropriately to public inquiries and present a positive public image;
- Accurately type documents at a reasonable rate of speed;
- Use logical and creative thought processes to develop solutions according to written specifications and/or oral instructions.
Acceptable Experience and Training
- High school diploma or GED equivalency; preferably supplemented by courses in office practice, computer, or general business classes; and
- Six (6) months previous secretarial/administrative experience, preferably in a law enforcement setting; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work;
- Must have a valid driver’s license;
- Some positions require 21 years of age.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation, including a polygraph examination, through the National Crime Information Center (NCIC);
- Must supply a typing test (visit www.typingtest.com).
Essential Physical Abilities
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to discern verbal instructions and communicate effectively on the telephone and in person;
- Sufficient visual acuity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to comprehend written work instructions and to produce and review documents and file them in a prescribed order, and organize documents and materials;
- Sufficient manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to operate a personal computer and other office equipment;
- Sufficient personal mobility, agility, strength, and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to work at a keyboard for an extended period of time, to reach, stoop, bend and stretch in filing materials, and to work in an office environment.
(Hourly: $18.57) Plus a Generous Benefit Package!!
Application Period Ends: December 15th, 2022 4:00pm
Canyon County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions related to recruitment and selection are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.