Application Support Analyst I
Information Technology | Caldwell, ID | Full Time
Starting salary is $49,117 - $57,000 annually, DOE.
General Statement of Duties
The Application Support Analyst I role is to participate in the implementation, development, testing, and optimization of County business applications. The Application Support Analyst I provide documentation, upgrade support, user acceptance testing, and optimize application processes. This position directly reports to the Development Manager within the Information Technology Organization.
The primary function is to apply advanced analytical and problem solving skills to implement and maintain complex applications for the county. This is accomplished through a support strategy of five inter-related centers of effort: working with our users to conduct research and testing to evaluate software/applications that will assimilate with current technology effectively, coordinate successful deployments and upgrades of new and existing software, provide day to day maintenance and enhancements, deliver valuable reports and supply training and/or materials. The work is performed under the general direction of the Development Manager, but considerable latitude is granted for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative. Tasks are performed in a typical office setting with appropriate climate controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluates, tests, and deploys new applications;
- Develops competency in new applications;
- Introduces applications to end users as well as updates;
- Monitors end user performance;
- Implement training plans and improve the effectiveness of the training;
- Provide data on estimates, tasks, and schedules;
- Recommend use and/or installation of new applications, releases, or upgrades;
- Mentors and trains other Application Support Analysts in the County’s policies, application administration procedures, and end-user department processes;
- Continual analysis of Help Desk “end user training” issues;
- Publish training plans and analysis of the effectiveness of the training;
- Develop, publish, and implement Use Acceptance Testing (UAT);
- Analyze training effectiveness;
- Continual analysis of Help Desk “end user training” and other issues, making recommendations for training, communications, and documentation;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows;
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Products including Access DB;
- Knowledge of common enterprise IT technologies;
- Specific knowledge of applications supported;
- SSRS Reporting a Plus;
- Web Application Development;
- Application Error Debugging;
- SQL Transact Statements a Plus;
- Data conversion methods and/or data set types;
- OnBase, ECM Solutions a Plus;
- Team Foundation Server or Azure DevOps experience a Plus;
- Work cooperatively and constructively with fellow workers and members of the public to provide public service of the highest quality and quantity;
- Be highly self-motivated;
- Analyze and evaluate existing business processes and needs;
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, high-pressure IT Operations Center;
Acceptable Experience and Training
- High school graduate or GED certificate required; Bachelor of Science Computer Science a plus;
- MCSE or equivalent formal training;
- 3+ years Application Support or Programming experience;
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License;
- Must successfully complete a background investigation through the National Crime Information Center (NCIC).
Essential Physical Abilities
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to discern verbal instructions and to communicate effectively in person and by telephone;
- Sufficient visual acuity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to comprehend written work instructions, comprehend and prepare written technical reports and diagrams.
- Sufficient manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to operate and make adjustments to computers, tools and equipment;
- Sufficient body mobility, flexibility, agility and strength to work in an office environment, perform duties that may require bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching and to occasionally move or lift up to 50 pounds.
Canyon County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions related to recruitment and selection are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.