Senior Strategic Communications Analyst
Analysis | Arlington, VA | Full Time
Calhoun International is a Professional Services company providing innovative solutions to our clients. Our expertise ranges from strategic intelligence analysis, expert instruction on intelligence analysis and sensors, cyberspace operations, information systems training, and knowledge management services among others. Calhoun International is located in Tampa, FL with employees in Florida, Virginia, Maryland, Washington, D.C. and overseas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
- The candidate shall provide a senior analyst to provide professional, technical and administrative on-site support services to support Navy missions. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following
- Provide analysis and inputs during Navy’s PPBE Planning and early Programming Phases on
potential Navy POM investment challenges, issues, and options. Consider impacts to Navy warfighting capability
and capacity, military personnel, and Navy afloat/ashore readiness.
- Assess and provide analytical rationale from national and departmental strategic guidance (i.e. Defense Strategic Guidance) to guide Navy investment decisions.
- Provide strategy and analysis in support of the Navy POM Executive Summary and materials to defend the POM during Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) Program Budget Review (PBR), Navy Budget Estimate Submission (BES), and POM endgame.
- Assist in the development of the communication strategy, key messages, and briefing materials for Navy senior leaders for the purpose of making critical decisions on Navy’s investment strategy that support Navy’s designated missions and war fighting capability.
- Plan and conduct advance meetings for external engagements to educate and inform external stakeholders of Navy’s POM investment strategy; develop prospective themes tailored for a range of specific audiences, opportunities, and risks. Provide recommendations for external engagements.
- Provide support to the Strategic and Fiscal Communication Team in development of Navy, OSD, Congressional and public briefing and testimony/speaking materials, to include feedback from external stakeholders, “think tanks,” and thought leaders.
- Interface and coordinate with Navy Quadrennial Defense Review (QDR) on Navy PPBE and POM strategies, proposed war fighting and investment trades, considerations and risks.
- Review JCIDS capability documents for content and format. Track and reconcile issues with capability document signature packages.
- Education: Master’s degree, preferably in Foreign Policy or National Security/Defense related studies.
- Experience: A minimum of four years experience in the following areas: US and foreign naval doctrine, strategy,
and capabilities as well as strategic futures, and planning. Analyst must be proficient at open source and classified
research and highly experienced at writing, editing and graphical presentation in the support of strategic and fiscal
communication for senior Navy, DoD, Congressional and private sector audiences.
- Current TS/SCI