Quality Assurance Analyst
IT and IT Support | Fort Belvoir, VA | Full Time and Contract
Calhoun International is a Professional Services company providing innovative solutions to our clients. Our expertise ranges from strategic intelligence analysis, expert instruction on intelligence analysis and sensors, cyberspace operations, information systems training, and knowledge management services among others. Calhoun International is located in Tampa, FL with employees in Florida, Virginia, Maryland, Washington, D.C. and overseas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin.
- Employee will serve as a Quality Assurance Analyst providing Intelligence Automation Support to INSCOM.
- Senior personnel shall have skills equivalent to at least 8 years’ experience in the identified specialty.
- Junior personnel shall have skills equivalent to at least 4 years’ experience in the identified specialty.
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
- Test system modifications to prepare for implementation.
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers and project managers.
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
- Create or maintain databases of known test defects.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Participate in product design reviews, providing input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks.
- Experience writing and reviewing SOPs, process documents, business plans, CONOPS, and other technical documents
- Experience working within the intelligence community,
- Knowledge of governance, including policies, practices, procedures, and decision forums
- Ability to develop unconventional solutions for customer requirements in a collaborative environment as part of a dynamic team and independently with customers at all levels
- Ability prepare and present briefings and training
- Ability to independently initiate, manage, execute, and report tasks, as identified
- Possession of excellent analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- At hire, must have and maintain all of the certifications per DOD Directive 8570.01-M --- IAT I, II or IAT III.
- IA Workforce System Architecture and Engineering (IASAE) Specialty Level II or Level 1
- Personnel must meet/exceed the IT-1 Personnel Security Standard per AR 25-2, Paragraph 4-14