Information Design Specialist
IT and IT Support | Miami, FL | Full Time and Contract
Calhoun International is a Professional Services company providing innovative solutions to our clients. Our expertise ranges from strategic intelligence analysis, expert instruction on intelligence analysis and sensors, cyberspace operations, information systems training, and knowledge management services among others. Calhoun International is located in Tampa, FL with employees in Florida, Virginia, Maryland, Washington, D.C. and overseas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender orientation, or national origin.
- TS/SCI Clearance is required
The employee shall provide information design support services to USSOUTHCOM. The employee shall: create illustrations, layouts, maps, posters, graphs and charts to better visualize information in support of finished intelligence products and briefings intended for the SCJ2 and USSOUTHCOM leadership. Create and maintain a multi-media library on NIPRnet, SIPRnet and JWICS to support SCJ2. The library shall use the latest metadata standards to ensure the content is easily discoverable and accessible by all SCJ2 and USSOUTHCOM employees. Develop and implement an information design requirements process for SCJ2 to facilitate the request and tracking of information design support. Create and maintain an information design guide for SCJ2 employees to use. Provide information design training and assistance to SCJ2 analysts and staff members to ensure information visualization is an integral part of their production processes. Provide web graphics support to the dissemination and web portal branch as required.
- 3 years of experience with InDesign, Acrobat and Adobe Creative Suite 6
- Multimedia development experience with knowledge of Flash & ActionScript 3
- Strong conceptual graphic designer, highly skilled at gathering raw data from various sources and developing comprehensive, visually engaging graphics
- Ability to provide an online portfolio or samples at the time of interview
- Possession of an active TS/SCI Clearance and be able to pass a CI polygraph
- BA or BS Degree required
- Self-starter with demonstrated customer support and collaboration skills