Administrative | Ft. Meade, MD | Contract
Calhoun International is a Professional Services company providing innovative solutions to our clients. Our expertise ranges from strategic intelligence analysis, expert instruction on intelligence analysis and sensors, cyberspace operations, information systems training, and knowledge management services among others. Calhoun International is located in Tampa, FL with employees in Florida, Virginia, Maryland, Washington, D.C. and overseas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, or national origin.
The Executive Secretary (ES) provides secretarial and administrative support to the AOG Commander and Command Group, ensuring extensive secretarial procedures and daily administrative responsibilities are conducted efficiently and effectively. The ES is responsible for the timely coordination and flow of work products and processes involving executive, secretarial, and substantive issues which are often sensitive and confidential. Independently coordinates and carries out assignments with other support staff to ensure the Commander's policies are carried out. The ES' responsibilities include the following task areas:
- Executive Support Functions
- Administrative Support Functions
- Family Readiness Support Assistant
- Office Automation Functions
- Handles command group contingency funds for command group functions
- Performs Other duties as assigned
- Comprehensive knowledge of administrative concepts, principles, and practices to evaluate and support office work flow.
- Thorough knowledge of protocol principles and procedures sufficient to support a broad range of visitors to the AOG Command Suite.
- Excellent knowledge of standardized HR rules and administrative procedures related to time and attendance, travel, support service, security, and personnel issues.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement to ensure the Commander's intent is understood across the Command.
- Budget management experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to type up to 70 words per minute (WPM) to enable efficient processing of a range of documents.
- Extensive knowledge of grammar, punctuation, military writing style and required formats to ensure documents are properly prepared for the Commanders signature.
- Extensive familiarity with the range of MS Office products.
- Associates degree or higher preferred.
- Active TOP SECRET/SCI. CI Polygraph preferred.
- Prior experience as an Executive Assistant or Executive Secretary supporting an Army organization.
- Familiarity with Army ranks, organizational construct, and typical Army functions.