Audit Analyst (ICF)
Budget / Financial | Arlington, VA | Full Time
Calhoun International is a Professional Services company providing innovative solutions to our clients. Our expertise ranges from strategic intelligence analysis, expert instruction on intelligence analysis and sensors, cyberspace operations, information systems training, and knowledge management services among others. Calhoun International is located in Tampa, FL with employees in Florida, Virginia, Maryland, Washington, D.C. and overseas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, or national origin.
- The Audit Analyst is responsible for providing direction and technical guidance to subordinate commands and supported operating activities on all matters pertaining to funding authorizations, administration, supervision, control and use of Intelligence Contingency Funds (ICF) and budget submissions.
- Provide ICF Training, which consists of 50%of time conducting ICF training and support; 25% of time traveling with lead ICF auditor in support of ICF training, and 25% of time providing audit team support
- Knowledge of a wide range of finance, disbursing agent, budget, and accounting concepts, principles, and practices, such as those that would be gained through extended graduate study or experience, and skill in applying this knowledge to difficult and complex work assignments.
- Assist in preparing and promulgating ICF policy, guidance and regulations.
- Possess skills to respond to policy questions pertaining to ICF as prescribed by regulation or determined by experience.
- Perform data analysis on all results and prepare presentations for senior level decision makers.
- Assist and/or prepare memoranda of instructions, information papers, staff memoranda and related correspondence pertaining to ICF for higher and/or subordinate level review or approval.
- Coordinate across the resource management community to ensure accuracy on all deliverables and prepare summaries.
- Assist in internal and external audits and determine quality improvement processes.
- Position requires travel
- Demonstrated knowledge of PPBE process
- Ability to interpret ICF policies and procedures
- Detect violations of government statutes or other funding limitations
- Travel with auditor for audit engagements
- Demonstrated experience with Budget, Intelligence and Related Databases
- Coordinates various actions with subordinate commands, staff sections and activity directors
- Knowledge of the roles, missions and functions of the Army Budget Office and Defense Intelligence Resource Management Office
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and should have the ability to work with complex calculations
- Undergraduate degree in a field such as accounting, statistics, mathematics, computer science or business.
- Minimum six years’ analytical experience working with financial management, disbursing, military organization, intelligence disciplines, and staff functions to which sufficient expertise can be applied as directed towards fulfillment of financial support to the intelligence mission.
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time.
- Active TS/SCI
- Prior experience working in Pentagon or Joint environment
- Experience working as a Staff Action Officer