Accounting Support Specialist
Administrative | Tampa, FL | Full Time and Part Time
Calhoun International is a Professional Services company providing innovative solutions to our clients. Our expertise ranges from strategic intelligence analysis, expert instruction on intelligence analysis and sensors, cyberspace operations, information systems training, and knowledge management services among others. Calhoun International is located in Tampa, FL with employees in Florida, Virginia, Maryland, Washington, D.C. and overseas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, or national origin.
- Verifies information and maintains accounts receivable reports including but not limited to open invoices, and aging reports.
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of accounts payable; receives, verifies, and posts accounts payable invoices into accounting system.
- Interacts with vendors and department managers when processing a resolution of account discrepancies.
- Receives and reviews purchase orders, check requests, and/or other related documentation for completeness and compliance with financial policies, procedures, and contractual requirements.
- Follows up on account statements and other discrepancies regarding payment of accounts; serves as liaison between departments and vendors in the resolution of administrative problems and inquiries.
- Reviews, audits, and processes employee expense reimbursements; verifies accuracy of expenses and adherence to company and contract policies.
- Enters information into accounting system.
- Assists with month-end close and runs monthly reports as required.
- Responsible for employment verifications and child support deductions.
- Prepares timecards, and other records and reviews for accuracy.
- Composes, types, and distributes professional correspondence and memoranda, e-mails and faxes, using individual initiative and as assigned.
- Proactively establishes, and maintains highly organized filing system; files correspondence and other records.
- Coordinates calendars and schedules appointments, ensuring all parties are informed of and kept abreast of schedule awareness.
- Coordinates travel arrangements; completes expense reports; ensures that correct account codes are used and required signatures obtained.
- Conducts research; compiles and types statistical reports.
- Orders and maintains supplies; coordinates equipment maintenance.
- Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, and mailing.
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Familiarity with accounting system software
- Must have extensive software skills (Specifically - MS Access, Word, Excel)
- Three to five years related experience or equivalent
- Strong computer skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- U.S. Citizen