Abrams AGTS Senior Instructor Operator
Other | Seoul, South Korea | Full Time
Calhoun International is a Professional Services company providing innovative solutions to our clients. Our expertise ranges from strategic intelligence analysis and network modeling, expert instruction on intelligence analysis and sensors, and Instructor/Operator Training as well as knowledge management. Calhoun International is located in Tampa, FL with employees in Florida, Virginia, Maryland, Washington, D.C. and overseas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, or national origin.
Calhoun International is seeking highly-qualified M1A2 Abrams Senior Instructor Operators (SIO) to conduct gunnery training and to support for Live, Virtual, LVC-IA exercises at Camps Casey, Hovey, Camp Humphreys and Rodriguez Range based on the Customer’s training needs. The M1A2 Abrams Senior Instructor/Operator (SIO) is to support M1A2 Abrams Advanced Gunnery Training System (AGTS) to sustain proficiency in, Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTP’s). The SIO shall manage maintenance scheduling, mitigate risks and provide solutions or recommendations should they occur. Primary work location for SIO personnel is Camp Humphreys with alternate work locations during gunnery and/or exercises at Camp Casey and Rodriguez Range.
- The SIO must be a TRADOC trained and certified instructor/operator who has successfully completed Senior Instructor/Operator OR Simulation Manager training and possesses a DA1059 graduation certificate indicating completion of that training.
- The Abrams SIO shall support each M1A2 AGTS. The SIO shall support all phases of user effort to include:
- Perform coordination with training units and develop computer simulated training scenarios to meet unit training objectives.
- Prepare, configure, test, or calibrate system prior to training unit arrival.
- Monitor individual or crew status and assist training unit with conduct of the training and training exercises with up to two concurrent exercises at separate locations.
- Ensure safety procedures, risk management, and training standards are enforced during each training phase.
- Responsible for conducting informal and/or formal pre-briefs and after action reviews with crews to ensure quality training, lessons learned, and Army goals are met.
- Maintain equipment log books, crew and individual training records and IO certification records.
- Planning, coordination, preparation, operation, and instruction
- Scenario development, modification, and testing
- System initialization, calibration, and set up/reset
- The M1A2 Abrams SIO shall possess a SECRET security clearance. In addition, all Contractor personnel performing work under this task order shall have a background check conducted thru the USFK Provost Marshals Office.