Internal Application: Supply Chain Manager
Manufacturing | Agoura Hills, CA | Full Time
Message from the Hiring Manager:
"This role focuses on material requirements planning and purchasing, negotiating with key vendors and inventory management. Responsibilities include sourcing goods and services while negotiating best value; maintaining appropriate inventory levels for all items; planning raw, WIP and FG deliveries or production via MRP in Dynamics NAV ERP system; identifying and qualifying new suppliers; negotiation and managing relationships with key vendors; capacity planning across the supply chain continuum."
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct all processes across the supply chain continuum including purchasing, inventory control, and vendor management
- Forecast, plan, and manage incoming supply chain processes and material requirements in order to meet production plans, optimize inventory levels, & minimize risks
- Identify and screen potential suppliers by researching parts, services, & material availability. Ensure the vendor approval process is optimized & follows ISO and cGMP requirements. Work with project teams to support material requirements.
- Manage relationships with key vendors; negotiate best value for goods and services; develop and execute cost down plans with key vendors
- Perform cost, price, & risk analysis for raw materials, consumables & services
- Manage & resolve pricing, quality, & delivery issues with suppliers. Drive continuous improvement
- Partner and collaborate with R&D, Program Management, Manufacturing, and Quality to identify new vendors and leverage existing ones for new products.
- Manage purchasing cycle, including generating requests for quotes & pricing, purchase orders, delivery schedules, receiving inspection, and final payment
- Establish and manage vendor supply agreements
- Monitor & track deliveries of materials and inventories to ensure the right materials are available at the right time to meet production plans and provide uninterrupted flow of materials & services
- Manage change notifications from suppliers and manage change order activities related to master data creation & obsoleting of production materials with both internal stakeholders & suppliers. Identify replacement materials when necessary
- Update & ensure master data accuracy for all assigned materials to ensure that all supply chain ERP & reporting systems operate efficiently & accurately
- Develop reporting tools & scorecard metrics related to vendor performance, inventory, purchasing & other departmental KPIs within the supply chain area
- Participate in & conduct supplier site visits, audits, change actions, & investigations as required
- Provide support for all departments in purchasing needed supplies and services
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years of experience in supply chain
- Minimum of one year of MRP and production planning experience
- Minimum of two years sourcing custom and technical components experience
- Understanding and experience using ERP systems is required
- Proven negotiation skills
- Excellent rapport building and negotiation skills.
- Proven process improvement and problem solving skills.
- Project related experience; working on cross-functional product development teams.
- Experience with Microsoft NAV a plus.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel with ability to create V-lookups and pivot tables
Who is Caldera Medical?
Caldera Medical is a growth stage medical device company dedicated to improving the quality of life for women. We develop and market differentiated surgical implants specifically for the treatment of Stress Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse. Our products are used by Urogynecologists, Gynecologists, and Urologists worldwide.
“Caldera is a small team of amazing, hardworking and dedicated people, who support one another on a daily basis.”
-Angela Attardo, Director of Talent Acquisition
Our Culture- Where Career and Passion come together!
- A Culture of family and team… not a corporate goliath where you’re just another number.
- All employees get a seat at the table and have influence with management.
- We care about giving back to the community. Our team donates time to helping local charities throughout Southern California.
- The Women’s Health Initiative is the heart of what we do, every day we put underprivileged women first.
- Our goal is to treat 1 million women suffering from incontinence by 2025!
Competitive Compensation, Comprehensive Benefits, and more!
- Medical and Dental Benefits – 75% paid for employee and family members
- Vision Coverage
- 401(k) with 4% matching contributions after 90 days of employment
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- 6 Weeks Paid Maternity Leave
- 10 paid holidays- including your birthday!
- Being surrounded by amazing people!
Hear it from our very own! Learn more about Caldera on Glassdoor
Caldera Medical is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.