Strategic Sourcing Manager
Manufacturing | Agoura Hills, CA | Full Time
Message from the Hiring Manager:
This role focuses on sourcing materials and services, managing vendor relationships, negotiating with key vendors, and maintaining MRP. Responsibilities include sourcing goods and services while negotiating best value; maintaining MRP in Dynamics NAV ERP system; identifying and qualifying new suppliers; negotiation and managing relationships with key vendors; and capacity planning across the supply chain continuum. Qualified candidates must build strong relationships with R&D, Manufacturing, Accounting, and Quality groups.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage strategic sourcing management goals of the company and ensure those goals are achieved
- Analyzing procurement costs for existing and new products and create a plan to decrease expenditure on materials, supplies and services
- Proactively maintain and develop supplier relationships
- Lead negotiations with key vendors
- Develop a supplier management program
- Establish and manage vendor supply agreements
- Collaborate with R&D, Quality, Manufacturing, and Accounting teams and optimize sourcing procedures to support new product introduction efforts
- Manage & resolve pricing, quality, & delivery issues with suppliers
- Identify and screen potential suppliers by researching parts, services, & material availability
- Ensure new vendor approval process is optimized & follows ISO and cGMP requirements
- Develop reporting tools & scorecard metrics related to vendor performance, inventory, purchasing & other departmental KPIs within the supply chain area
- Monitor & track deliveries of materials and supplies to ensure the right materials are available at the right time to meet production plans and provide uninterrupted flow of materials & services
- Manage material requirements planning activities (MRP)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years of experience in supply chain
- Minimum of two years sourcing custom and technical components experience
- Proven negotiation skills
- Solid judgement with ability to make good decisions
Other Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent rapport building and negotiation skills
- Proven process improvement and problem-solving skills
- Project related experience; working on cross-functional product development teams
- Experience with Microsoft NAV a plus.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel with ability to create V-lo
Who is Caldera Medical?
Caldera Medical is a growth stage medical device company dedicated to improving the quality of life for women. We develop and market differentiated surgical implants specifically for the treatment of Stress Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse. Our products are used by Urogynecologists, Gynecologists, and Urologists worldwide.
“Caldera is a small team of amazing, hardworking and dedicated people, who support one another on a daily basis.”
-Angela Attardo, Director of Talent Acquisition
Our Culture- Where Career and Passion come together!
- A Culture of family and team… not a corporate goliath where you’re just another number.
- All employees get a seat at the table and have influence with management.
- We care about giving back to the community. Our team donates time to helping local charities throughout Southern California.
- The Women’s Health Initiative is the heart of what we do, every day we put underprivileged women first.
- Our goal is to treat 1 million women suffering from incontinence by 2025!
Competitive Compensation, Comprehensive Benefits, and more!
- Medical and Dental Benefits – 75% paid for employee and family members
- Vision Coverage
- 401(k) with 4% matching contributions after 90 days of employment
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- 6 Weeks Paid Maternity Leave
- 10 paid holidays- including your birthday!
- Being surrounded by amazing people!
Hear it from our very own! Learn more about Caldera on Glassdoor
Caldera Medical is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.