Strategic Planning Manager
Operations | Agoura Hills, CA | Full Time
Job Description: Strategic Planning Manager
Caldera Medical is dedicated to improving the quality of life for women. We develop and market differentiated surgical implants for the treatment of Stress Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse. Caldera is experiencing tremendous growth and we are motivated to bring in the highest-level talent to help grow the business.
Caldera Medical is seeking a Strategic Planning Manager to work in alignment with senior leadership to ensure strategic business priorities are identified, prioritized and executed. This individual will help lead the corporate long-range planning, budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis processes.
This individual will help shape the future direction of Caldera Medical as the company scales and grows to meet market demand by analyzing the financial performance of the company’s current portfolio of operating assets and evaluating potential investments. They will also contribute to the development of strategic initiatives and long-term growth strategy. This individual will drive the annual operating and capital budgeting process as well as play a key role in analyzing and driving operational efficiency.
- Strategic planning
- Help shape the future of Caldera Medical by identifying and valuing attractive growth opportunities
- Partner with business leaders to help execute strategic initiatives
- Corporate development
- Support potential M&A transactions with valuation, industry and competitive landscape research, analysis of target company competitive dynamics
- Perform economic valuations
- Lead due diligence efforts and help execute deals
- Annual Operating Plan
- Work closely with department heads to develop the annual budgeting process insuring all activities and investments align with Caldera’s strategy
- Financial planning and analysis
- Build a set of financial and productivity tools with a rigorous analytical mindset
- Help develop and track metrics that align with our strategic goals
- Capital budgeting including ROI analysis
- Perform ad-hoc assignments for the leadership team
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- BA in Finance, Accounting or related field preferred (or relevant experience)
- 3+ years of progressive experience in management consulting, private equity, strategic planning or investment banking
- Extremely detail oriented with strong financial modeling and qualitative analysis skills
- Effective problem-solving skills to crack tough strategic questions and perform root cause analysis.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills (MS NAV a plus)
- Good understanding of GAAP accounting
- Ability to organize and interpret complex, detailed financial information and present analytical results in manner appropriate for senior management decision-making
- Critical thinking and ability to challenge the business and create value and minimize risk for the company
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with ability to synthesize and communicate data into insights and juggle multiple assignments in a constantly changing environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to create and deliver information to a wide audience
- Strong leadership with ability to take the initiative when observing a need.
- Excellent work ethic including willingness/ability to sustain long hours during peak periods
- Ability to work under rapidly changing conditions and tight deadlines, while maintaining a very positive attitude
- Combination of high confidence and low ego / down to earth, unpretentious personal style
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility and character
Travel requirements: approximately 10%
- A Culture of family and team…not a corporate goliath where you’re just another number
- All employees get a seat at the table and have influence with management
Women’s Health Initiative - Giving back to those who can’t afford treatment
- Goal to treat 1 million women suffering from incontinence by 2025!
- Competitive Compensation
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Unlimited Vacation
- 6 Weeks Paid Maternity Leave Supplement
- Being surrounded by talented and engaged employees
- Medical / Dental Benefits – 75% paid for employee and family members
- 401(k) with 4% matching contributions
Learn more about us on Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Caldera-Medical-Reviews-E356568.htm
Caldera Medical is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.