Senior Product Manager - Upstream
Marketing | Agoura Hills, CA | Full Time
Message from the Hiring Manager:
Interested in an opportunity to define and drive the expansion of Caldera Medical’s product pipeline? Working closely with cross-functional team members, this role is responsible for identifying and driving the new product pipeline. Working broadly across the organization, this role will enable you to become an integral part of the Caldera Medical team and provide opportunity for career growth and advancement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will advance Caldera Medical’s core female pelvic health portfolio by managing upstream portfolio planning activities and providing marketing guidance to the new product development teams through voice-of-customer (VOC) input as well as quantitative and qualitative market research. This role works closely with physician and non-physician stakeholders, and a broad cross-functional team that includes R&D, quality, regulatory affairs, operations, and manufacturing. The purpose of the Sr. Product Manager (upstream) role is to drive alignment of product development efforts with needs and opportunities identified in the marketplace. This role will identify trends, opportunities and unmet needs, as well as gaps in the Caldera Medical pipeline. This role will ensure that all projects begin with thorough market research and voice of the customer (VOC) input and that all projects have well defined user requirements.
The Sr. Product Manager (upstream) will collect and analyze market intelligence, through both primary and secondary research methods. The role will identify and liaison with key surgeons and KOLs to gain VOC input and feedback on user requirements as well as larger market trends and unmet needs. They will monitor competitive activity and identify and evaluate, through financial modeling, new product opportunities. This role will provide direction for user requirements, ensuring that there is meaningful product differentiation and will work closely with cross-functional team members on design control activities and facilitating user evaluation and validation activities. Finally, this role will be the bridge to the downstream product manager, ensuring knowledge transfer to guide downstream product marketing teams in the definition, depth and breadth of product portfolio, target customers, distribution, pricing, and positioning strategies.
Objectives and Measurable Performance Accountabilities:
- Develop strategic pipeline roadmap for core products. Become a product, disease & market expert. Partner closely with key thought leaders to anticipate the future market environment, changes in economic climate, the onset of new competitors including substitutes and adjacent players, and to predict/drive future needs for customers
- Develop relationships with top KOL’s in the space
- Create market models with supporting assumptions in order to determine key financial metrics and market opportunity
- Drive execution of portfolio planning activities including gathering and analysis of competitive intelligence and leading market research and voice-of-customer input to ensure project progression on time and on strategy.
- Work with team members to define product testing and input into strategy to support and build new product and market claims to create a differentiated value proposition.
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal & relationship building skills, verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills required.
- Experience with product development efforts involving close collaboration with cross functional teams as well as physician advisors.
- Strategic thinking and meticulous attention to detail.
- Track record with a variety of voice of the customer collection methodologies and skilled at VOC interpretation in order to define market requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects, initiatives and/or activities simultaneously and work collaboratively with stakeholders and cross functional partners to drive results required.
- Strong analytical skills and data interpretation. Comfortable making data supported recommendations and building a strong business case/justification through modeling to gain organizational support required.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize organizational channels, experience and influencing skills to persuade others of the course of action.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment while demonstrating core values.
- Strong individual contributor. Speaks up when important information or questions must be raised and takes action when issues must be addressed.
- Available to travel up to 35%
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in science, business or engineering discipline. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years upstream product development experience with at least 2 years with products for surgical procedures.
- Experience building business plan/case through modeling
- Experience conducting or collecting both primary & secondary market research & gathering VOC
- Available to travel a minimum of 25% of time
Who is Caldera Medical?
Caldera Medical is a growth stage medical device company dedicated to improving the quality of life for women! In 2018, Caldera was ranked one of Inc 5000’s fastest growing private companies in the United States and #38 fastest growing private company and #3 fastest growing Healthcare company in Los Angeles by the LA Business Journal. We develop and market differentiated surgical implants specifically for the treatment of Stress Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse. Our products are used by Urogynecologists, Gynecologists, and Urologists worldwide.
“Caldera Medical’s leadership team lives the core values it believes. It’s great to see true leaders set the tone for their employees by teaching them how to be happy individuals.”
-Jose Charvet, Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Our Culture- Where Career and Passion come together!
- A Culture of family and team… not a corporate goliath where you’re just another number.
- All employees get a seat at the table and have influence with management.
- We care about giving back to the community. Our team donates time to helping local charities throughout Southern California.
- The Women’s Health Initiative is the heart of what we do, every day we put underprivileged women first.
- Our goal is to treat 1 million women suffering from incontinence by 2025!
Competitive Compensation, Comprehensive Benefits, and more!
- Medical and Dental Benefits – 75% paid for employee and family members
- Vision Coverage
- 401(k) with 4% matching contributions after 90 days of employment
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- 6 Weeks Paid Maternity Leave
- 10 paid holidays- including your birthday!
- Being surrounded by amazing people!
Hear it from our very own! Learn more about Caldera on Glassdoor
Caldera Medical is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.