Intern, Mechanical Engineering
Engineering | Agoura Hills, CA | Internship
Intern – Mechanical Engineering
Caldera Medical’s Mission - To Improve the Quality of Life for Women!
Expectations for the Role: The Intern of Mechanical Engineering will be a member of the R&D team, assisting and learning the ins and outs of design and development for medical devices! They will also aide in the analysis, simulation and documentation throughout the design process.
- Rapidly growing medical device manufacturer helping women suffering from stress incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse
- Developing exciting new products to treat other conditions women unnecessarily suffer from
- Located in beautiful Agoura Hills, CA in North Los Angeles County
Position Summary: This internship is an exciting opportunity to get hands on engineering experience in one of the worlds most fascinating industries. If you're looking to explore your passion for health care and medical devices, this is for you.
- Currently pursuing Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering; finished sophomore or junior year
- Completed some coursework in mechanical design, system analysis and lab testing
- Very hands-on with ability to fabricate prototype parts
- Ability to design, analyze and test engineering concepts
- Enthusiastic about work with a positive attitude and desire to learn
- Working knowledge of Solidworks, Matlab and Office products
- Availability of 40 hours per week during May – Aug 2018
About Caldera Medical:
Caldera Medical is a growth stage medical device company focused on designing, manufacturing, and marketing products into the Gynecology, Urology and Urogynecology surgical markets. We are searching for highly motivated, dynamic and results oriented individuals to join us in improving the quality of the patients we serve.
- A Culture of family and team…not a corporate goliath where you’re just another number
- All employees get a seat at the table and have influence with management
Women’s Health Initiative - Giving back to those who can’t afford treatment
- Gal to treat 1 million women suffering from incontinence by 2025!
- Great work environment
- Excellent opportunity to contribute and learn
- Being surrounded by talented and engaged employees
- Kitchen stocked with free snacks and drinks
Learn more about us on Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Caldera-Medical-Reviews-E356568.htm
Caldera Medical is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.