Operations | Agoura Hills, CA | Full Time
Caldera Medical’s Mission - To Improve the Quality of Life for Women!
Expectations for the Role: This is an amazing opportunity for candidates with less than three years’ experience buying-planning experience or a new grad to apply their Business Logistics or Supply Chain Management Degree. The role focuses on material requirements planning and purchasing, supplier relationship management, and optimizing inventory levels.
- Active listening
- Strong communication skills
- Time management and effective planning
- Continuous improvement and coachability
- Leading without authority
- Self-Driven with strong work-ethic
- Analytical and Business Acumen skills
- Presentation Skills
- Rapport building with internal and external customers
The Buyer Planner is responsible for negotiating pricing and building strong relationships with critical suppliers. The candidate selected for this role will have exposure to all functions and executive management.
- Optimize inventory level of raw materials and finished goods.
- Ensure data integrity of all parts and vendors in ERP system.
- Work with warehouse, customer service and manufacturing on physical inventory counts of all key items and create a reconciliation report for management.
- Maintain weekly MRP.
- Negotiate prices and place purchase orders for materials, equipment and any other item, as needed.
- Ensure all purchasing processes comply with ISO 13485 and cGMP requirements & meet corporate guidelines.
- Manage purchasing cycle, including generating requests for quotes & pricing, purchase orders, delivery schedules, receiving inspection, and final payment.
- Identify and screen potential suppliers by researching parts, services, & material availability.
- Ensure the vendor approval process is optimized & follows ISO standards requirements.
- Work with project teams to support material requirements.
- Monitor & track deliveries of materials and inventories to ensure the right materials are available at the right time to meet production plans and provide uninterrupted flow of materials & services.
- Manage change notifications from suppliers and manage change order activities related to master data creation & obsoleting of production materials with both internal stakeholders & suppliers. Identify replacement materials when necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Logistics or Supply Chain Management degree
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective written, communication, and interpersonal skills
About Caldera Medical:
Caldera Medical is a growth stage medical device company focused on designing, manufacturing, and marketing products into the Gynecology, Urology and Urogynecology surgical markets. We are searching for highly motivated, dynamic and results oriented individuals to join us in improving the quality of the patients we serve.
- A Culture of family and team…not a corporate goliath where you’re just another number
- All employees get a seat at the table and have influence with management
Women’s Health Initiative - Giving back to those who can’t afford treatment
- Goal to treat 1 million women suffering from incontinence by 2025!
- Competitive Compensation
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Unlimited Vacation
- 6 Weeks Paid Maternity Leave Supplement
- Being surrounded by talented and engaged employees
- Medical / Dental Benefits – 75% paid for employee and family members
- 401(k) with 4% matching contributions
Learn more about us on Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Caldera-Medical-EI_IE356568.11,26.htm
Caldera Medical is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.