Network Security Engineer
Pro Services | Cary, NC | Full Time
Who We Are:
Carolina Advanced Digital, Inc. has been providing enterprise-class technology solutions to enterprise customers for 30 years. We're a leader in IT infrastructure security solutions, wireless networking, network design, and wired/wireless network security.
At Carolina Advanced Digital we do things a little differently, so we're seeking unique candidates for all positions, but attention to detail and a strong work ethic are a must for all team members here! Carolina Advanced Digital is a family-owned, veteran-owned small business in NC that services customers throughout the United States and across many markets, including federal, state and local government, education and commercial customers.
Listed as one of the Top 100 Small Businesses, 3 years in a row!
What We Need:
The successful candidate will be an experienced Network Security Engineer, with a strong focus on routing and switching, Network Access Control (NAC), gateway security technologies such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, and/or network security technologies including SIEM. Knowledge of datacenter networking or servers/storage technologies is a plus but not required. Knowledge or experience with managed service environments and RMM also a plus but not required.
What You’ll Do:
- Pre- and post-sales support for networking products and services to customers across the U.S.
- On-site and remote services for customers primarily in the Southeast
- Participation in internal projects, testing and verification and research in the lab
- Collaboration with the engineering team to write guides, how-to’s, and technical updates for internal and external use
- Documentation of services and processes
- Attending training and certification courses for continuing education
What You’ll Need
- Switching and routing network experience in designing, configuring, managing interoperability, and troubleshooting layers 2, 3 and 4
- Configuration experience with Cisco, HP Networking, Aruba CX, Juniper Networks, 3Com/H3C, Bradford, Brocade, Arista or any SDN switches
Experience integrating non-switching infrastructure devices, including VoIP, SANs, servers, storage and backup, gateway devices in the wired infrastructure
- Experience configuring and managing enterprise firewalls and gateway devices is required
- Experience with security information and event management (SIEM) strongly desired
- Experience with User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA) beneficial but not required
- Experience integrating NAC, Cisco ISE, Aruba ClearPass, Forescout, Bradford or other access control technologies desired but not required
- Experience with sandboxing, DDoS, email security and other overlays is helpful but not required
- Experience with security management, monitoring, or assessment tools desired
- Configuration experience with Cisco, Fortinet, SonicWALL, Juniper, or Palo Alto required
- Proficiency with popular tools for console terminal services, TFTP, packet capture (required)
- Experience with Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Office suite (required)
- Experience managing SolarWinds, HP IMC, SonicWALL GMS, Cisco applications, Juniper SPACE, Firemon
- Experience with Remote monitoring and management (RMM) strongly desired
- One or more of the following certifications are a plus: Cisco CCNA, Cisco CCNP, Cisco CCDP, Cisco CCIE, Cisco CCSP, HP AIS, HP ASE, Juniper JNCIA, Juniper JNCIE, H3C H3CNE or H3CSE, Arista, Fortinet NSE4-NSE8, Aruba ACSA, CompTia Security+, Cisco Cybersecurity Specialist, (ISC)2 CISSP, (ISC)2 SSCP
- Any additional certifications are a plus including: AccelOps, Splunk, AlienVault, FortiSIEM, Barracuda University, Fortinet NSE6 specialization, Aruba IntroSpect (formerly Niara)
- Strong communication skills, ability to troubleshoot and analyze data as well as work in a fast paced environment.
Must be a US Citizen and able to travel as needed throughout the US and Canada
How to Join:
If you would like to be part of our dynamic organization please submit your resume to Jill at jolsen at cadinc dot com.