Government Sales Order Processor
Contracts and Order Processing | Siler City, NC | Part Time
Carolina Advanced Digital, Inc. has been providing enterprise-class technology solutions to enterprise customers for 30 years. Carolina Advanced Digital, Inc. is a leader in IT infrastructure security solutions, network design, and access control and network security.
At Carolina Advanced Digital we do things a little differently, so we're seeking unique candidates for all positions, but attention to detail and a strong work ethic are a must for all team members here! Carolina Advanced Digital is a family-owned, veteran-owned small business in NC that services customers throughout the United States, including federal, state and local government, education and commercial customers.
We are currently seeking a Government Sales Order Processor to join our team! At Carolina Advanced Digital, the most important quality is that our new team members are a good fit, with values that are in line with our commitment to servicing customers. We look for team members that are: Hardworking, responsible, detail-oriented, have a great personality and a sense of humor. Also, we believe an interest in the information technology industry is key to success here at Carolina Advanced Digital.
We are hiring candidates for this position to work out of our Siler City, NC location. This office is certified as a federal HUBZone office. This program is for small companies that operate and offer employment to residents located within a HUBZone, therefore one of the requirements for candidates applying for this position is that they live within a HUBZone. To verify whether you reside in a HUBZone, please check using the link shown below.
The most successful candidates will:
Have a positive attitude, be team-oriented, a quick learner
exhibit exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and have great organizational skills.
Candidates with custom cover letters will be reviewed first.
*No recruiters please
IMPORTANT NOTES IF APPLYING FOR THIS JOB:
The contact person for this position is Michelle Dziengel, and all communications and applications for this job go directly to her. Local applicants only please.
Your cover letter should be customized, directly address our company, and include the following items. This is your first test of attention to detail, and preference will be given to applicants that have followed these instructions.
1. What you've learned from researching our company (www.cadinc.com)?
2. Why you think you'd be a good fit?
3. What 3 traits or skills you have that would be a great match?
- Provide customer service and account support for government/federal customers
- Responsible for inside sales functions, quotes, contract maintenance
- Data entry and customer database maintenance
- For the right candidate, there's room for growth in Sales, Customer Service and other positions!
Skills & Experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Moderate software skills: Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to quickly learn other productivity software, such as CRM and quoting tools
- Great customer service skills/attitude
- Ability to work with numbers, quotes and pricing data
- Some inside sales experience is preferred, but not required if there’s a willingness to learn
- Literacy in IT concepts and terminology
Personal Skills & Traits:
- Positive attitude; team player; quick learner; "flexible" in thinking and handling of responsibilities
- Able to work independently and prioritize
- Able to work with discreet and confidential information
- Excellent organizational, telephone, written and verbal communication skills
- Professional attitude, strong work ethic, punctuality
- Exhibit critical thinking & problem solving skills
- Live in a federal HUBZone (check address here: https://maps.certify.sba.gov/hubzone/map
- Must have own transportation
- Candidate must be a US citizen and native English speaker (Due to the requirements of some of the federal contracts we service)
- Candidate must be able to pass a federal security background check, if required.
- Must possess a high school diploma
- Familiarity with Windows Operating Systems (vs. MAC)
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft applications
- Possess an Associate’s degree
Schedule and hours
This is a part-time position, no less than 10 hours per week to start, with the possibility of going to full-time.
*NOTE: May expect up to 40 hours weekly during the months of August and September
**APPLY ON-LINE ONLY. NO phone calls please
ADDITIONAL INFO & BENEFITS
Type: Part-time, with possibility of full-time
Experience: Entry-level, some experience preferred
Industries: Computer & Network Security, Information Technology and Services, Computer Networking
Compensation: Based on skills and experience, plus bonus opportunities
Benefits: Vacation, PTO, Holidays, health insurance, 401K, Aflac (Availability of certain benefits determined by full-time or part-time employment status)