Aruba Wireless Network Engineer
Pro Services | Cary, NC | Full Time
Who We Are:
Carolina Advanced Digital, Inc. has been providing enterprise-class technology solutions to enterprise customers for 30 years. We're a leader in IT infrastructure security solutions, wireless networking, network design, and wired/wireless network security.
At Carolina Advanced Digital we do things a little differently, so we're seeking unique candidates for all positions, but attention to detail and a strong work ethic are a must for all team members here! Carolina Advanced Digital is a family-owned, veteran-owned small business in NC that services customers throughout the United States and across many markets, including federal, state and local government, education and commercial customers.
Listed as one of the Top 100 Small Businesses, 3 years in a row!
Wireless Partners include: Aruba, Cisco, Fortinet Meru and more. Learn more at www.cadinc.com.
What We Need:
You will dive in to current wireless technologies, especially HPE Aruba, but learn a breadth of both wired and wireless solutions along with some security. This position can be flexible for a junior or more experienced wireless engineer.
As a Wireless and Network Engineer, you'll work with your fellow engineers here at Carolina Advanced Digital and our partners to discover, test, and learn in both pre-sales and post-sales activities. You'll work with internal teams to develop bills of materials and scope projects, and you'll work with clients to design and deliver exceptionally engineered solutions. Opportunities to speak/present and attend professional and industry events are also available if you're interested.
You should have excellent analytic skills, pay close attention to detail, and be an effective communicator. Ultimately you should develop relationships, build trust internally and externally, and thrive with a "continuous learner" mentality. You'll be the "go-to" technical resource internally and externally and an excellent problem-solver.
What You’ll Do:
- Pre- and post-sales support for networking products and services to customers across the U.S.
- On-site and remote services for customers
- Designing and deploying enterprise wireless solutions with 50+ APs
- Participation in internal projects, testing and verification and research in the lab
- Collaborating with the engineering team to write guides, how-to’s, and technical updates for internal and external use
- Documentation of services and processes, including creation of BoMs and SoWs
- Attending training and certification courses for continuing education
- Attending conferences and events to engage with customers
Much of an engineer's time is spent interfacing with customers and partners, collaborating with other engineers and designing and implementing various technologies. We participate in many conferences nationally and internationally, so a qualified candidate would have the opportunity to conduct training and speaking engagements.
The successful candidate will be a Wireless and Network Engineer, with a strong focus on wireless, with cross-training for switching, routing and gateway security including HPE, Cisco, Fortinet, SonicWALL, PAN, and various other solutions.
What You’ll Need
- Basic understanding of switching/routing to support wireless designs at layers 2 and 3
- Advanced understanding of Wireless 802.11 technologies and protocols
- Experience with conducting and reporting on wireless RF predictive and live site surveys
- Experience troubleshooting wireless over-the-air and over-the-wire
- Configuration experience with: Aruba Networks, Cisco, or Fortinet Meru Networks required
- Experience with RF planner such as, AirTight, AirMagnet, Ekahau required
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel products
- Strong critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze data
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail
- Continuous learner mentality
- Ability to manage time and workload efficiently; includes planning, organizing, setting reasonable priorities and follow-through
- Good Team Player and strives to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- One of the following certifications are a plus: Aruba ACMP or ACMA, Aruba ClearPass ACCA or ACCP, Aruba Expert level cert ACMX, ACDX, or ACCX; Cisco, Cisco CCNA Wireless, CWNP CWNA, CWSP, CWDP.
- ARUBA and/or CWNP certification is preferred
- CANDIDATE WILL HAVE TO ACHIEVE AT LEAST ONE ARUBA EXPERT-LEVEL CERTIFICATION IN FIRST 9 MONTHS.
Must be a US Citizen and able to travel as needed throughout the US and Canada
How to Join:
If you would like to be part of our dynamic organization please submit your resume to Jill at jolsen at cadinc dot com.