Accounts Receivable Clerk
Accounting | Siler City, NC | Part Time
Carolina Advanced Digital, Inc. has been providing enterprise-class technology solutions to enterprise customers for 30 years. Carolina Advanced Digital, Inc. is a leader in IT infrastructure security solutions, network design, and access control and network security.
At Carolina Advanced Digital we do things a little differently, so we're seeking unique candidates for all positions, but attention to detail and a strong work ethic are a must for all team members here! Carolina Advanced Digital is a family-owned, veteran-owned small business in NC that services customers throughout the United States, including federal, state and local government, education and commercial customers.
*** Listed as one of the Top 100 Small Businesses, 3 years in a row! ***
Partners include: Aruba, HP, Cisco, Fortinet, Barracuda, Dell SonicWALL and more. Learn more at www.cadinc.com.
Carolina Advanced Digital is seeking an Accounts Receivable Clerk to join our team! At Carolina Advanced Digital, the most important quality is that our new team members are a good fit, with values that are in line with our commitment to servicing customers. We look for team members that are: Hardworking, responsible, detail-oriented, have a great personality and a sense of humor. Also, we believe an interest in the information technology industry is key to success here at Carolina Advanced Digital.
We are hiring candidates for this position to work out of our Siler City, NC location. This office is certified as a federal HUBZone office. This program is for small companies that operate and offer employment to residents located within the HUBZone, therefore we are asking first for candidates who have verified they live in the HUBZone. Please check at the link shown below.
The most successful candidates will:
Have a positive attitude, be team-oriented, a quick learner
Exhibit exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and have great organizational skills.
Candidates with custom cover letters will be reviewed first.
*No Recruiters please
IMPORTANT NOTES IF APPLYING FOR THIS JOB:
The contact person for this position is Michelle Dziengel, and all communications and applications for this job go directly to her. Local applicants only please. No phone calls or drop-ins.
Only electronic resume submissions will be accepted
- Must have experience in general accounting practices
- Experience with Quickbooks Enterprise is a plus
- Bookkeeping experience a plus
- Some adminsitrative experience is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Moderate Software skills- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe
- Excellent organizational, telephone, written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work with discreet and confidential information
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively
- Ability to quickly learn other productivity software, such as CRM and quoting tools
- Ability to work professionally with all levels of management and staff as well as customers and partners
- Positive attitude; team player; quick learner; "flexible" in thinking and handling of responsibilities
- Strong attention to detail, and affinity for organization
- Great customer service skills/attitude
- Professional attitude, strong work ethic, punctuality
- Trustworthy and dependable
- Send invoices to customers
- Submit invoices electronically using various platforms
- Provide additional supporting documentation to customers as required to process invoice payment
- Research and resolve A/R discrepancies
- Maintain customer file information in accounting system and CRM
- Post customer payments and enter general receivable journal entries
- Monitor A/R aging report and advise management of issues with payment
- Process month end closing tasks as directed
- Generate contract reports and submit to reporting agencies
- Perform vetting for new customer accounts
- Provide general accounting and administrative support as assigned
- Must have own transportation
- This position may require obtaining Notary Public
- Candidate must be a US citizen and native English speaker (Due to the requirements of some of the federal contracts we service)
- Candidate must be able to pass a federal DOD security background check, if required.
- Must possess a high school diploma
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Live in a federal HUBZone (check address here: VERIFY HUBZONE BY CLICKING HERE!)
- Basic interest & knowledge of information technology
Schedule and hours
This is a Part-time position. (15-20 hours per week)
Normal office hours are 8:30AM - 5:00PM Monday – Friday
**APPLY ON-LINE ONLY. NO phone calls please
ADDITIONAL INFO & BENEFITS
Experience: Entry-level, some experience preferred
Functions: Administrative Support
Industries: Computer & Network Security, Information Technology and Services, Computer Networking
Compensation: Based on skills and experience
Benefits: Vacation, PTO, Holidays, health insurance, 401K, Aflac (Availability of certain benefits determined by full-time or part-time employment status)