VP Data Product and Strategy
Product Management | New York, NY | Full Time
Cadent powers the evolution of TV brand advertising. We provide marketers, agencies, operators, and media owners with data-driven solutions for buying and selling TV advertising. By connecting brands with opportunities across national inventory sources—cable, broadcast, and digital media—our technology improves efficiencies and boosts the results of linear, addressable, and cross-screen campaigns.
The role of VP Data Product and Strategy – Is to provide product strategy, management and execution of the current and new Cadent data platforms. A key area is the create the standards, align the data systems, work with key partners on data integration, productization of Data Science-driven solutions and algorithms that are incorporated back into the platform, and build a long term data solution that allows the business to activate and innovate on top of all our data assets. The position will work directly with other areas of Cadent, including the engineering, operations group, Dev Ops Team, and Sales. The role will be responsible for delivering the company’s strategic goals in cloud based advertising data systems. To achieve these objectives it is key to cultivate and maintain long-term, collaborative relationship with key stakeholders and with selected organizations to achieve goals.
What You Will Do:
- Integrate with the product team to achieve your goals. These teams consist of product managers, product owners, business analysts and UX/UI staff members.
- Engage with data platform architecture and engineering teams to provide technical guidance and recommendations for the Cadent platform architecture and key functional components of the platform: data ingestion, data standardization, metadata management, data storage, data transformation and derivation, and data extraction via programmable interfaces.
- Define, own and communicate a product roadmap and commercial models that deliver products and features and drive revenue growth through strong positioning and differentiation.
- Ensure that business goals are met and allow us to reveal powerful usage insights and drive strategic decision-making for customers and the industry.
- Champion ongoing competitive, market, and user research to ensure product decisions are based on sound use of both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Collaborate with key functional stakeholders (including data science, sales, marketing, services, support, engineering, and finance) to establish product plans, pricing frameworks, business cases and go-to-market plans for platform solutions and new reporting solutions.
- Support sales and other customer-facing teams in high-value meetings with prospects and customers.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of the TV and Advertising space, including engagement with all segments of the customer base.
- Capabilities to project manage, meet deadlines, and perform under high stress.
- Ability to establish relationships with all levels inside and outside of the company.
- Flexibility to adapt to frequent changes in direction and project priorities.
- Ability to communicate in clear and concise manner to all levels in the organization.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Technical proficiency in all areas of Hardware/Software technologies relevant to ad serving technology, Big data architecture and implementation, Internet services.
- Detailed oriented with a strong analytical ability and thorough financial review skills.
- Ten years or more in Software technology and development
- Product management and processes
- Thorough understanding of information technology organizations and the associated cultures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field experience (advanced degree preferred)
- Leadership ability in the design of complex technology systems leveraging multiple teams and diverse technologies available both from Cross MediaWorks and external relationships.
Media, Ad Tech, digital experience a plus