Software Development | Philadelphia, PA | Full Time
Senior User Interface/User-Experience (UI/UX) Designer
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to turn our software into easy-to-use products for our clients.
UI/UX Designer responsibilities include assessing product requirements and translating the into a functional, responsive, and visually scalable design patterns. In addition, the designer would be responsible for identifying UX gaps in existing designs/systems and then developing a process for remediation and subsequent handoff. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframing tools. You will also have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications. Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing features that address our clients’ needs and help us grow our customer base. You understand the creative to engineering process but also have your own opinions on how handoff, execution, and design remediation should be handled.
Facilitate the company’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for internal and external applications.
- Evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, user/process flows and sitemaps
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Develop UX mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and operate
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas
- Three or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing solutions for complex workflow applications
- Strong portfolio of design projects
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Visual Design, Communications, Engineering, Computer Science or related field
So if the leading edge of media technology is the place you want to be, please contact us today and let’s start the conversation!
/CADENT/ is an EOE M/F/D/V. We do not work with 3rd Party Staffing Agencies.