Sr. Backend Engineer
Software Development | San Jose, CA | Full Time
Cadent powers the evolution of TV brand advertising. We provide marketers, agencies, operators, and media owners with data-driven solutions for buying and selling TV advertising. By connecting brands with opportunities across national inventory sources—cable, broadcast, and digital media—our technology improves efficiencies and boosts the results of linear, addressable, and cross-screen campaigns.
Right now we are looking for an exceptional Senior Back End Engineer to work on our newly-acquired platform. This new technology is a cross-channel identity and media activation platform that ingests billions of ad-requests per day. The product uses patented machine learning algorithms to match the users with the targeting of campaigns and serve ads to them. One of our strengths is our ability to show that the digital and cross-channel campaigns we deliver have a measurable impact at the sales register.
- Deep knowledge of Java and OOP and Design
- You love mentoring junior engineers and deploying best practices
- Knowledge of frameworks such as Hibernate and Spring
- Experience with microservices design and scaling
- You are able to collaborate with teams located in multiple time zones
- Ability to breakdown complex problems to their essential components and design and implement elegant solutions for them
- Able to prototype possible solutions quickly and provide feedback on feasibility and scale
- You have a solid systems background, experience designing and building distributed systems, and experience building web APIs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- You live and breathe test driven development
What you will do:
- Identify and implement optimizations, algorithmic changes, and architectural improvements to increase the scaling abilities of our pipelines and align with best practices.
- Identify and implement performance improvements to significantly decrease turnaround times and lower cost
- Make large architectural changes both to improve existing systems and enable new products and use cases
- Take a technical leadership role in scaling out our systems and team with our quickly growing product
- Develop new models and interfaces to simplify our systems and expose access to our functionality via clean, scalable APIs
- Translate business requirements and/or detail designs into appropriate software application code.
- Work closely to coordinate with Product Management team to ensure alignment of business and technical objectives
Your skills and experience:
- 5 -7 of relevant experience
- Any educational requirements? i.e. Bachelors
- Languages: Java, Kubernetes and Docker
- Excellent knowledge of relational and columnar database concepts and SQL
- Google Cloud Platform - GKE, GCS, GCE, Bigquery
- Experience with Jenkins to manage our infrastructure
Extra Credit if you have:
- Experience with modern datastores such as Aerospike, Redis
- Stream processing – Cloud Dataflow, Spark streaming, Apache Storm, Flink
- Experience with Search indexing such as Elasticsearch, Lucene, Solr
- Experience with designing and implementing interfaces and infrastructure for large volume services and APIs
If the leading edge of media technology is the place you want to be, please contact us today and let’s start the conversation!
/CADENT/ is an EOE M/F/D/V. We do not work with 3rd Party Staffing Agencies.