Software Engineer (Java/J2EE/JS)
Software Development | San Jose, CA | Full Time
Cadent powers the evolution of TV brand advertising. We provide marketers, agencies, operators, and media owners with data-driven solutions for buying and selling TV advertising. By connecting brands with opportunities across national inventory sources—cable, broadcast, and digital media—our technology improves efficiencies and boosts the results of linear, addressable, and cross-screen campaigns.
Right now we are looking for an exceptional Software Engineer to join our San Jose, CA Engineering Team to help us build out design and implement our core application suites. This role will be responsible for working on projects that have significant impact to Cadent Technology and strengthen our product offerings within the advanced advertising marketplace.
- You’re a techie at heart with strong analytical skills and always seek challenges.
- You see big picture perception when develop software and don’t only know how to implement something but why.
- You love learning about new businesses and technologies and take accountability for continued self-learning
- You’re an effective team player and believe in teamwork makes dream work.
- You are self driven and work independently
- You are easily learn new technologies on your own
- You possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
What you will do:
- Work in a team environment with other developers to deliver our core application suites
- Creatively and effectively deliver high quality solutions, on time and within budget
- Be responsible for backend / service side java development
- Participate in cross-functional project meetings with product managers, project manager, developers, and test engineers as required
- 2 - 5 years experience working on enterprise software solutions
- In-depth knowledge of and experience developing using core Java, J2EE, MVC design pattern, XML, and web services.
- Professional development experience on large scale distributed SaaS applications
- Extensive experience on RDBMS (MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience in developing and deploying application in Linux OS
- Recent experience in Agile or Scrum development processes
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Ability to lead R&D and POC efforts
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent experience
Extra Credit if you have:
- Some experience in one of the NoSQL data stores (Couchbase, Solr, etc.)
- Some exposure to Shell, Python, or Perl scripts.
- Some exposure to big data processing technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, and Kafka
If the leading edge of media technology is the place you want to be, please contact us today and let’s start the conversation!
/CADENT/ is an EOE M/F/D/V. We do not work with 3rd Party Staffing Agencies.