Senior Software Test Engineer
Software Development | Manchester, England, United Kingdom | Full Time
Cross MediaWorks (CMW) is driving the advanced TV revolution. With more the 300 employees worldwide, CMW companies are leading the next generation of cross-platform solutions with turnkey addressable TV capabilities, data-driven media solutions, and performance-based marketing. Leveraging our incredible scale, CMW clients and partners can effectively target audiences with relevant messages, while simplifying advertising workflows across all screens. Cross MediaWorks companies include Cadent, one2one Media and TCA.
Cross MediaWorks is a member of the portfolio of companies managed by Lee Equity Partners.
Right now, we are looking for a highly motivated Senior Software Test Engineer who will be responsible for leading the implementation of our cutting edge addressable linear platform that changes the way in which TV is monetized.
Our ideal A-Player will be:
- Highly motivated, detail oriented, and passionate about quality
- You get that it’s important to have excellent verbal and written (English) communication skills
- You are a self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You do both well – work independently and in cross-functional teams
- You have a proven track record of excellent test management skills including on-time delivery and successful launching of software products
- You can juggle – simultaneously managing multiple company-wide projects
Our ideal A-Player will:
- Participate in testing as an individual contributor to establish and maintain expertise on Cadent Technology advertising products
- Participate in project meetings with product team and development engineers as required
- Interact with the Manager/Lead of Test Engineering to establish product testing priorities and estimate level of effort
- Develop appropriate test methodology and metrics to define quality for products, components, features and enhancements
- Write product test documentation (test plans and test cases) based on product specifications
- Develop appropriate functional, regression and system tests to assure product quality
- Develop, modify and maintain a comprehensive suite of automated test cases for our product platform using open source test tools
- Identify, communicate and follow-up with engineering on issues discovered during the test process
- Participate in release deployments to the production environment and troubleshooting production issues
Our ideal A-Player will have:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent field related experience
- 4+ years of SQA testing experience working on multi-tier web based applications built using JAVA/J2EE technology stack
- 2+ years of SQA testing experience developing test automation frameworks, GUI and server-side, utilizing Selenium (WebDriver) and other open source test tools
- Experience with Linux/Unix with a high command-line and shell scripting comfort level
- Experience working on Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark
- Experience with programming in Java, XML
- Experience working with noSQL databases like Couchbase, Solr cloud, etc.
- Experience with Apache web servers, JBoss and Tomcat app servers
- Experience with MySQL databases and writing SQL scripts
- Recent experience in Agile or Scrum development processes
Extra credit if you have:
- Good understanding of video advertising technologies (video delivery, ad decision systems experience, campaign management, etc.)
- AV codec (MPEG2, H.264, HEVC, etc.) and transport code (M2TS, MP4, etc.) experience
- CPE/STB development experience
- Successful start-up experience desirable
If the leading edge of media technology is the place you want to be, please contact us today and let’s start the conversation!
/CADENT/ is an EOE M/F/D/V. We do not work with 3rd Party Staffing Agencies.