Senior Software Engineer (Java/J2EE/JS)
Software Development | San Jose, CA | Full Time
In the advertising world, the one with the best platform to target customers, and analytics to understand them, wins. With a full national footprint comprised of more than 200 partners, 210 DMAs and 80 million homes, /CADENT/ has positioned itself to be the essential partner to brands navigating the ever changing TV advertising landscape. Through our forward looking solutions, we are defining the present and future (programmatic, addressable, advanced TV) of broadcast/cable audience technology, data, analytics and automation.
Right now we are looking for an exceptional Senior Software Engineer to join our San Jose, CA Engineering Team to help us build out design and implement our core application suites. This role will be responsible for working on projects that have significant impact to Cadent Technology and strengthen our product offerings within the advanced advertising marketplace.
- You’re a techie at heart with strong analytical skills and always seek challenges.
- You see big picture perception when develop software and don’t only know how to implement something but why.
- You love learning about new businesses and technologies and take accountability for continued self-learning
- You’re an effective team player and believe in teamwork makes dream work.
- You are self-driven and thrive in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- You possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
What you will do:
- Work in a team environment with other developers to deliver our core application suites
- Creatively and effectively deliver high quality solutions, on time and within budget
- Be responsible for backend / service side java development
- Participate in cross-functional project meetings with product managers, project manager, developers, and test engineers as required
- 5+ years of hands on Java/J2EE development experience required
- In-depth knowledge of and experience developing using core Java, J2EE, MVC design pattern, XML, and web services.
- Hands on database and ORM design and development experience.
- Experience in building SaaS and enterprise software or large scale web applications
- Recent experience in Agile or Scrum development processes
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent experience
Extra Credits if you have:
- Practical experience in NoSQL data stores, such as Couchbase, Casandra, or MongoDB, etc
- Experience in Hadoop, Spark, Kafka or related big data processing technologies
- Experience in Search technology, such as Solr/Lucene
- Successful startup experience.
So if the leading edge of media technology is the place you want to be, please contact us today and let’s start the conversation!
/CADENT/ is an EOE M/F/D/V. We do not work with 3rd Party Staffing Agencies.