Senior Software Engineer
Software Development | San Jose, CA | Full Time
In the advertising world, the one with the best platform to target customers, and analytics to understand them, wins. Through our forward-looking solutions, we are defining the present and future (programmatic, addressable, advanced TV) of broadcast/cable audience technology, data, analytics and automation.
Right now, we are looking for a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer who will play a critical role in the design and implementation of our core DAI applications and the state of art data analytics platforms that changes the way in which TV is monetized.
Our ideal player:
- You’re a techie at heart with strong analytical skills and always seek challenges.
- You see big picture perception when develop software and don’t only know how to implement something but why.
- You love learning about new businesses and technologies and take accountability for continued self-learning
- You’re an effective team player and believe in teamwork makes dream work.
- You are self-driven and thrive in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- You possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Our ideal player will:
- Work in a team environment with other developers to deliver our core application suites
- Creatively and effectively deliver high quality solutions, on time and within budget
- Be responsible for backend / service side java development
- Participate in cross-functional project meetings with product managers, project manager, developers, and test engineers as required
Our ideal player will have:
- 4+ years of hands on Java/J2EE development experience required
- In-depth knowledge of core Java and the J2EE stack
- Hands on database and ORM design and development experience
- Experience in building SaaS applications
- Involvement in developing large scale enterprise applications (i.e. minimum of 500K+ requests/transactions per day)
- Recent experience in Agile or Scrum development processes
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent experience
Extra Credit if you have:
- Experience with dynamic advertising
- Practical experience in NoSQL data stores (e.g. Couchbase, Casandra, MongoDB, etc.)
- Experience in related big data processing technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.)
- Experience in search technology, such as Solr/Lucene
- Successful startup experience.
If the leading edge of media technology is the place you want to be, please contact us today and let’s start the conversation!
/CADENT/ is an EOE M/F/D/V. We do not work with 3rd Party Staffing Agencies.