Senior Software Engineer
Software Development | Manchester, England, United Kingdom | Full Time
Cross MediaWorks (CMW) is driving the advanced TV revolution. With more the 300 employees worldwide, CMW companies are leading the next generation of cross-platform solutions with turnkey addressable TV capabilities, data-driven media solutions, and performance-based marketing. Leveraging our incredible scale, CMW clients and partners can effectively target audiences with relevant messages, while simplifying advertising workflows across all screens. Cross MediaWorks companies include Cadent, one2one Media and TCA.
Cross MediaWorks is a member of the portfolio of companies managed by Lee Equity Partners.
Right now, we are looking for a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer who will be responsible for leading the implementation of our cutting edge addressable linear platform that changes the way in which TV is monetized.
Our ideal A-Player will:
- Contribute to the development of Cadent Technology advertising products
- Establish and maintain subject matter expertise in video monetization technology
- Participate in project meetings with product team, development and QA as required
- Be a technical representative for Cadent Technology with clients
- Analyze product requirements to author solution design documentation
- Work with project management to define level of effort and timelines for workload
- Develop and ensure successful execution of unit test cases prior to code submission
- Develop appropriate functional, regression and system tests to assure product quality
- Develop, modify and maintain a comprehensive suite of automated test cases for our product platform using open source test tools
Our ideal A-Player will be:
- Highly motivated, detail oriented, and passionate about software engineering
- You get that it’s important to have excellent verbal and written (English) communication skills
- You are a self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You do both well – work independently and in cross-functional teams
- You have a proven track record of excellent coding skills including on-time delivery and successful launching of software products
- You can juggle – simultaneously managing multiple company-wide projects
Our ideal A-Player will have:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent field related experience
- 7+ years core Java, J2EE, XML, web services development experience
- Professional development experience on large scale distributed SaaS applications
- Extensive experience on RDBMS (MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience in one of the NoSQL data stores (Couchbase, Solr cloud, etc.)
- Experience with Apache web servers, JBoss and Tomcat app servers
- Experience in development and deployment of application in Linux OS
- Exposure to Big Data processing technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, and Kafka
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Recent experience in Agile or Scrum development processes
Extra credit if you have:
- Good understanding of video advertising technologies (video delivery, ad decision systems experience, campaign management, etc.)
- AV codec (MPEG2, H.264, HEVC, etc.) and transport code (M2TS, MP4, etc.) experience
- CPE/STB development experience
- Successful start-up experience desirable
If the leading edge of media technology is the place you want to be, please contact us today and let’s start the conversation!
/CADENT/ is an EOE M/F/D/V. We do not work with 3rd Party Staffing Agencies.