Senior Data Engineer
4Info Engineering | San Jose, CA | Full Time
Cadent powers the evolution of TV brand advertising. We provide marketers, agencies, operators, and media owners with data-driven solutions for buying and selling TV advertising. By connecting brands with opportunities across national inventory sources—cable, broadcast, and digital media—our technology improves efficiencies and boosts the results of linear, addressable, and cross-screen campaigns.
Right now we are looking for an exceptional Senior Data Engineer to work on our 4INFO product. 4INFO is a cross-channel identity and media activation platform that ingests billions of ad-requests per day. The product uses patented machine learning algorithms to match the users with the targeting of campaigns and serve ads to them. One of our strengths is our ability to show that the digital and cross-channel campaigns we deliver have a measurable impact at the sales register.
What you will do:
- Take ownership, maintain and improve machine learning platforms that help us make sense of billions of records per day (we use Hadoop and Spark).Work closely with product and engineering teams, using data to drive continuous improvement of the ad-platform.
- Develop and maintain data pipelines while achieving high reliability and efficiency.
- Respond to questions regarding the projects you are responsible for in an efficient manner.
- Help guide data infrastructure design and develop proof of concepts for recommended solutions.
- Liaison with engineering and product to help the Research team develop new data-products.
- Design, develop, QA and maintain code related to data engineering.
- Provide thought-leadership and dependable execution on diverse projects.
- Extensive knowledge in different programming and scripting languages. Python and SQL are required. Scala, Bash and Cython are desirable.
- Experience analyzing and deriving insights from massive amounts of data. Very good problem solving ability related to big data will be required.
- Experience maintaining big-data pipelines a big plus.
- Skilled in working with Hadoop including MapReduce, Spark and Big-data SQL technologies (Hive, BigQuery, Spark-SQL, etc.)
- Working knowledge of statistics a plus.
- Initiative to identify critical problems and propose effective solutions, while exploring, learning and suggesting the most suitable technology for the problem.
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent quantitative field required. M.S. desired.
- 5 years of experience in a similar position required.
If the leading edge of media technology is the place you want to be, please contact us today and let’s start the conversation!
/CADENT/ is an EOE M/F/D/V. We do not work with 3rd Party Staffing Agencies.