Senior Business intelligence Developer
Data Operations | Philadelphia, PA | Full Time
Cross MediaWorks (CMW) is driving the advanced TV revolution. With more the 300 employees worldwide, CMW companies are leading the next generation of cross-platform solutions with turnkey addressable TV capabilities, data-driven media solutions, and performance-based marketing. Leveraging our incredible scale, CMW clients and partners can effectively target audiences with relevant messages, while simplifying advertising workflows across all screens. Cross MediaWorks companies include Cadent, one2one Media and TCA.
Cross MediaWorks is a member of the portfolio of companies managed by Lee Equity Partners.
The primary duty of the Senior Business Intelligence Developer is to design, develop, and implement BI products for internal and external stakeholders across the Cross MediaWorks business and its subsidiaries. BI products include but are not limited to: Tableau dashboards, infographics, knowledge and information in the form of reports, KPI definition and analysis, and process automation. The BI solution stack consists of SQL Server, SSAS, Windows, Linux, Python, Tableau Desktop, and Tableau Server. As such, the ideal candidate should be proficient in obtaining data from diverse sources including flat files and API's, querying and manipulating data with T-SQL, shell scripting, and creating dashboards and scorecards with a reporting tool like Tableau, Qlik, or SSRS.
- Project Duties
- Track and reprt against key corporate and departmental KPIs.
- Dcument new learnings of end user terms, data, metric and processes and translate business needs into well formulated business questions.
- Guide junir staff in maintaining end user reports and dashboards.
- Create Windws and Linux shell scripts to start, control, and manage automated processes
- Update and distribute weekly/mnthly reports.
- Cmplete ad hoc research requests from management.
- Create and maintain end user reprts and dashboards.
- Mdify current reports to make updating more efficient.
- Develp wireframes, visual designs, and prototypes based on requirements from the end user.
- Develp T-SQL stored procedures, functions, and queries in SQL Server Management Studio.
- Develp functional scripts in Python and create and maintain virtual environments.
- Develp functional scripts and object-oriented programs in Python via Spyder and Jupyter
- Administer Tableau Server, develp Tableau dashboards and use Tableau REST & JS APIs
- Perfrm other tasks as assigned by management.
- Prvide direction and analytical support to IT on projects and initiatives.
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends/patterns in large datasets.
- Examine hw specific functions of the company are performing and advise BI management through meetings and reports of suggested enhancements.
- Identify any ptential roadblocks or delays for projects and notify management accordingly. Practively circumnavigate issues to avoid unnecessary delays.
- Prvide end user support during User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Migrate prjects from development into production.
- Plan, schedule, and cntrol the movement of release items between development, quality assurance, user acceptance testing, disaster recovery, and production environments.
- Effectively balance wrkload between multiple projects and switch between projects when necessary.
- Quality Assurance and Documentation Duties
- Review reprts for accuracy and data integrity.
- Dcument ad hoc workflows and provide support for automation.
- Audit databases fr inaccuracies.
- Maintain dcumentation on all processes and procedures.
- Wrk with PMO department to ensure proper documentation of all design, analysis, and test cases.
- Identify and alert BI management f any discovered data inaccuracies.
- Perfrm QA tasks as assigned. Dcument inaccuracies and suggestions for correction.
- Test prject procedural documentation for accuracy.
- Generate wrk flow diagrams that provide clear visibility into business processes.
- Create detailed technical dcuments detailing BI projects and user guides with clear step by step instructions.
- General and Advancement Duties
- Cmply with policies associated with the use and access of data.
- Cntribute to a team environment and complete required training to improve skills.
- Track tasks in JIRA and task hurs in Workfront.
- Meet with BI management t update on project milestones.
- Research new trends in data visualizatin. Suggest and attend seminars and cnferences. Dcument learnings and transfer knowledge to the BI team.
- Research vendr products that can create greater departmental workflow efficiencies or innovative solutions to business needs.
- Research new technlogies and continuously bolster technical skills and domain knowledge
- Train SMEs n reporting and research tools.
- Assist mre junior team members with all phases of product development as necessary.
- Ability to work independently and with a team to achieve department objectives.
- Detail-oriented with advanced analytical abilities.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Interest in learning new tools through cross-training and independent study. Takes action to integrate new skills into daily activities.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines assigned by management.
- Ability to collaborate across the organization to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics. Advanced degree preferred
- 2-4 years of work experience in an analytical, development, or software engineering position
- 2-4 years of experience with Tableau and Tableau Server or a related visualization tool.
- 2-4 years of experience with T-SQL and SQL Server. Experience with SSAS, SSIS, SSRS or Spark a plus.
- Understanding of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
- Strong Knowledge of Relational Database design (OLAP & OLTP). Data Warehouse design or Big Data technologies (SPARK, HDFS) preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, Lookups, Formulas, Graphs).
- Proficient in all Microsoft products.
- Understanding of the media business model, media buys, media math and med
So if the leading edge of media technology is the place you want to be, please contact us today and let’s start the conversation!
/CADENT/ is an EOE M/F/D/V. We do not work with 3rd Party Staffing Agencies.