Senior Business Intelligence Developer
Engineering | Philadelphia, PA | Full Time
Cadent powers the evolution of TV brand advertising. We provide marketers, agencies, operators, and media owners with data-driven solutions for buying and selling TV advertising. By connecting brands with opportunities across national inventory sources—cable, broadcast, and digital media—our technology improves efficiencies and boosts the results of linear, addressable, and cross-screen campaigns.
Right now we are looking for an exceptional Senior BI Developer to join our Engineering Team.
The Cadent Senior Business Intelligence Developer (Front End) owns a set of responsibilities that translate the vision and designs of the Product organization into user experiences that empower data-driven decisions. This front-end focused position utilizes React/Redux architecture to deliver meaningful interactions with data across a portfolio of web applications. As a team lead, in this role you will drive continuous improvement and serve as a mentor for other developers, ensuring rapid delivery of high-quality code.
What You Will Do:
Front-End & Asset Pipeline Architecture
- Have an active role in design decisions and architect scalable and portable state and corresponding features that drive complex web applications
- Maintain standards that govern the high-level architecture of front-end applications and apply them to Business Intelligence initiatives
- Keeps up with industry trends, knows how to get products deployed correctly and efficiently
- Well versed in making solid design decisions and weighing trade-offs with effective communication to others
- Maintains technical documentation for front-end BI projects
- Effective in removing roadblocks and requires minimal oversight
Mentoring, Code Standards and Review
- Write and maintain standards for front-end technical decomposition of stories and epics
- Participate in all team code reviews and help teach and empower others to peer review in a constructive manner while providing feedback to increase code efficiency, maintainability and robustness.
- Mentor business intelligence developers on best practices in front-end development
- Knows how to write well-defined tasks and stories and learns how to mentor and delegate work to others, including offshore development teams.
- Identifies problems and risks and brings solutions to the table
- Build/construct and maintain a shared asset pipeline to ensure that all build processes, automation, and compression conform to company standards
- ES 2016+ - the latest specs available through Babel:
- Functional programming concepts: - immutability, pure functions, currying, etc.
- You know what a constructor is, prototypal inheritance, event delegation and can explain them in a simple way. You can have a simple conversation about the nuances of variable declarations inside of closures and can easily explain concepts like scope hoisting.
- Strong understanding of DOM
- Advanced level in React
- Has worked with React 16.x
- Knows how to create reusable components
- Basic understanding of lifecycle events
- Knows state management libraries like Redux and Redux-Saga
- React charting and data viz i.e., Victory from Formidable
- Strong experience delivering custom visualizations through D3 and associated libraries
- Sass, Older, well-supported CSS2 properties
- Newest CSS3 properties - flexbox, transitions, animations, etc.,
- You'll always be working with the latest tech. Our current set of tools include Sass, CSS, CSS Modules, Storybook, Styleguidist, REST, GraphQL, Webpack, GitHub, Jenkins, Docker, NodeJS, NPM, and Amazon Web Services.
Extra Credit if you have:
- You are innovative and driven
- You are eager to use new technologies and standards to make a positive change
- You have 2+ years development expertise in React/Redux
- BONUS: Object-oriented programming experience with Python
- BONUS: Dashboard/scorecard creation with a BI tool like Sisense or Tableau
- BONUS: You have worked in a scaled Agile environment
- BONUS: You are familiar with AWS solution stack for big data management and visualization (e.g. Glue, EC2, S3, EKS, API Gateway, Athena, SQS, Cognito)
If the leading edge of media technology is the place you want to be, please contact us today and let’s start the conversation!
/CADENT/ is an EOE M/F/D/V. We do not work with 3rd Party Staffing Agencies.