Project Manager I
Software Development | San Jose, CA | Full Time
In the advertising world, the one with the best platform to target customers, and analytics to understand them, wins. With a full national footprint comprised of more than 200 partners, 210 DMAs and 80 million homes, /CADENT/ has positioned itself to be the essential partner to brands navigating the ever changing TV advertising landscape. Through our forward looking solutions, we are defining the present and future (programmatic, addressable, advanced TV) of broadcast/cable audience technology, data, analytics and automation.
Right now, we are looking for an exceptional Project Manager I to join our Software Development Team. This role will be responsible for managing and directing the implementation of one or more small to medium sized projects including the definition, development, delivery and deployment of quality solutions to meet sponsor / stakeholder needs (including changes to agreed requirements) and that are compatible with business drivers defined by the business. The PM I will be mentored by senior PM staff within the Department and will be directly responsible for managing project: scope, cost, schedule, risk, human resources, communications, procurement and change on the projects to which they are assigned. Additionally, the PM I will be expected to provide project administrative support to more senior PMs in the group and as assigned.
Our ideal A-Player will:
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Document and present project status to team members, stakeholders and management.
- Minimize exposure and risk on project.
- Be responsible for coordinating and facilitating the gathering / documenting of formal business requirements in accordance with the established project schedule.
- Gain approval on documented requirements from the business/user group so as to facilitate the development of accurate functional specifications.
- Coordinate user acceptance testing and signoff.
- Initiate and monitor all change requests to ensure timely and accurate solutions.
- Initiate projects following appropriate project management methodology and company processes.
- Define and follow project management methods, procedures, and quality objectives, including metrics for assessing progress.
- Manage projects to ensure that the project deliverables are on time and at the required level of quality.
- Identify resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Fill the role of scrum master as necessary
- Perform administrative function related to status reporting, change management and project intake/prioritization.
Our ideal A-Player will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business (or Management), Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Formal project management training/certification (e.g., The Project Management Institutes, Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), desirable.
- 3 or more years of formal project management responsibility, demonstrating leadership skills and managing technical staff and financial resources through various life-cycle phases (cross functional experience highly desirable)
- Experience with delivering projects via Waterfall and Agile software development methodologies.
- Scrum master certification is a plus.
- 2 or more years of information systems or relevant business experience in the development, implementation, and maintenance of information systems, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms
- 2 or more years of management experience in which one or more of the following has occurred:
- Successful development and implementation of applications in new computing architecture environments using new and emerging technologies
- Demonstrated competency in managing resources to meet project goals
- Demonstrated leadership and relationship management abilities
- Scrum Master certification desirable
- Proficiency in MS Office – Visio, MS Project, and MS Team Foundation Server (TFS) a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills; an ability to present and discuss technical, functional and managerial information clearly and concisely, establish rapport, persuade others, and gain understandings
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and adjust priorities based on workload, management directives, and customer demands
- Flexible management style; ability to quickly adapt to diverse and changing environments
So if the leading edge of media technology is the place you want to be, please contact us today and let’s start the conversation!
/CADENT/ is an EOE M/F/D/V. We do not work with 3rd Party Staffing Agencies.