Product Technical Documentation and Communication Manager
Product Management | San Jose, CA | Full Time
Cadent powers the evolution of TV brand advertising. We provide marketers, agencies, operators, and media owners with data-driven solutions for buying and selling TV advertising. By connecting brands with opportunities across national inventory sources—cable, broadcast, and digital media—our technology improves efficiencies and boosts the results of linear, addressable, and cross-screen campaigns.
Right now Cadent is looking for a highly motivated Product Technical Documentation and Communication Manager. Reporting into the Product Team, this role will be responsible for creating and maintaining high-quality content for technical and non-technical audiences.
- You thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- You have a strong background in content and technical writing
- You possess a strong desire to learn new technologies, the curiosity to figure out how things work, and a passion for improving the customer experience
What you will do:
- Manage all aspects of the documentation process—from planning to content maintenance
- Work collaboratively with internal and external global stakeholders to conceptualize and develop content that strengthens internal and external brand / communications
- Play a significant role in the development of a successful and effective global Cadent team, including the development and management of content strategy and mentoring product managers
- Write and edit end-user and internal-user content describing Cadent product, solutions and technology
- Collaborate with Product and Engineers to optimize and maintain internal and external content for usability and accessibility, while maintaining a high bar for quality
- Work directly with Product teams and development to produce world-class knowledge base articles that are used by a wide audience with varying skill levels.
- Collaborate with UX team to develop tone of voice and final text for products, for example, error messaging and contextual help
- Use writing expertise and extraordinary attention to detail to evaluate, uphold, implement, and evangelize content standards that reflect the voice of Cadent
Your skills and experience:
- 5+ years of experience as a technical editor or writer of technical documentation
- Experience working on technical content for product marketing, end users, internal teams, and developers
- Experience collaborating with diverse stakeholders to define and manage terminology and content
- Experience working with style guides
- Experience managing multiple schedules and projects
- Ability to work with company stakeholders across functional competencies and management levels
Extra Credit if you have:
- Experience implementing process efficiencies related to technical writing
- Project management experience or experience leading projects with multiple writers
- Knowledge management experience
- Experience managing content in a CMS
If the leading edge of media technology is the place you want to be, please contact us today and let’s start the conversation!
/CADENT/ is an EOE M/F/D/V. We do not work with 3rd Party Staffing Agencies.