Product Manager, Broadcast Media
Product Management | Philadelphia, PA | Full Time
Cross MediaWorks (CMW) is driving the advanced TV revolution. With more the 300 employees worldwide, CMW companies are leading the next generation of cross-platform solutions with turnkey addressable TV capabilities, data-driven media solutions, and performance-based marketing. Leveraging our incredible scale, CMW clients and partners can effectively target audiences with relevant messages, while simplifying advertising workflows across all screens. Cross MediaWorks companies include Cadent, one2one Media and TCA. Cross MediaWorks is a member of the portfolio of companies managed by Lee Equity Partners.
The Broadcast Product Manager will join a growing team to define and create our Broadcast TV advertising application. This position will guide cross-functional groups that are responsible for developing and deploying solutions for top-tier distributors, network programmers and leading national advertisers.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in large-scale analytics application development with a deep understanding for customer needs, linear TV, and Broadcast. You should possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, able to conceptualize a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. This position will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for the product, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers. This position requires some travel to customer and non-customer sites.
What you will do:
- Engage customers, prospects and partners to determine business requirements, technical considerations and strategic objectives. Capture and document market needs and product requirements necessary to succeed in the markets we serve – use cases, personas, cross-functional deliverables.
- Help define the product roadmap and prioritize investments through collaboration with customers, partners and key stakeholders in the organization. Identify minimally viable offerings to meet market needs.
- Take responsibility for backlog refinement, iteration planning, daily scrums, documentation development, issue identification and resolution, etc.
- Perform training and coordinating user acceptance
- Work with the client-facing teams within Media groups (planning, reporting, buying, sales, and support, etc.) to ensure these teams are enabled on new product / feature delivery.
- Engage directly and daily with the delivery teams to execute the project including helping the team navigate potential obstacles
- Lead product workshops, strategy presentations, product boot camps and other ad-hoc sessions as needed to gather input and promote product efforts. Defines business needs and detailed requirements including use case analysis
- Attend and lead design sessions with product and executive team
- Prime source for user story details and priorities:
- Support ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development)
- Validate that stories meet acceptance criteria and completeness
- Validate fitness for use”
- Represent the company as a domain and broadcast product expert at customer interactions, industry and corporate events
- Research/study technology, keeping current with the rapidly evolving addressable advertising solution ecosystems and trends.
What you will have:
- Capability to build and maintain strong working relationships with management, staff & strategic partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels internally and externally
- Effective internal communication with stakeholders throughout solution development lifecycle
- Proven ability to work independently in a deadline oriented, fast-paced environment
- Successful achievement of milestone project targets, deliverables and project budget adherence
- Continual awareness and sensitivity to revenue generation/cost-containment opportunities
- Capability to develop and maintain strong working knowledge of broadcast, linear TV and advanced TV to meet solution needs
- Strong technical skills and conflict management capabilities
Education and Experience:
- 5 -7 years of software product management experience, ideally managing enterprise solutions in linear TV, programmatic, online advertising or related spaces.
- Must have hands-on experience as a product manager, working with engineering teams and driving whole-product strategy.
- Exceptional critical thinking & analytical skills and the ability to make informed & fast decisions related to product feature design and direction. Demonstrated experience of ‘owning’ the decision/solution.
- High energy and passion for solving the challenges at hand.
- Guiding teams to a precise understanding of product decisions and resulting impacts is critical.
- Demonstrated experience in gathering and transforming business requirements into a successful product strategy. Proven ability to set & deliver on product vision & commitments.
- College degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated Agile Experience (Certified Scrum Master, Certified Product Owner)
- Proficiency with Agile and Project management toolset
A plus if you have:
- In depth experience with linear TV/video advertising, Data Management Platforms (DMPs), multichannel analytics and online advertising. Understanding of B2C and B2B selling practices.
- On-demand, SaaS software product development for enterprise offerings.
- Technical background and ability to engage with engineering on complex topics.
- Formal project management experience, PMP
So if the leading edge of media technology is the place you want to be, please contact us today and let’s start the conversation!