Machine Learning Engineer
Data Science | Philadelphia, PA | Full Time
Cadent powers the evolution of TV brand advertising. We provide marketers, agencies, operators, and media owners with data-driven solutions for buying and selling TV advertising. By connecting brands with opportunities across national inventory sources—cable, broadcast, and digital media—our technology improves efficiencies and boosts the results of linear, addressable, and cross-screen campaigns.
Right now we are looking for a highly motivated Machine Learning Engineer who will be responsible for building high impact, distributed systems in cloud. They will develop, evaluate, and deploy models into production, including but not limited to machine learning, signal processing and optimization solutions. The ML Engineer will collaborate directly with Researchers/Scientists and engineering to productize research as business software. This is a critical role whose work is leveraged by other engineers to bring intelligent decision-making capabilities to the business software.
Our ideal player will:
- Build MLOps pipelines to train, deploy, and monitor ML models as micro-services leveraged inside of business software products
- Design, train and apply statistics, mathematical models, and machine learning techniques to create scalable solutions for predictive learning, forecasting, and optimization
- Work with product team to align software goals with KPI’s via empirical measures of effectiveness
- Participate in the agile / scrum process
- Follow the CRISP-DM process to generate robust documentation associated with iterative work
- Present results to technical and business stakeholders.
- Collaborate effectively with other members of the engineering research team and broader data services group, including but not limited to Data Engineers, Analytics Engineers, Performance Engineers, Software Engineers and Business Intelligence analysts
Our ideal player will have:
- B.S. or higher in computer science, mathematics or related discipline with a focus on machine learning or the equivalent of 4 years of experience in software development, DevOps, and/or machine learning
- Practical experience in building, evaluating, scaling, and deploying machine learning pipelines with Python, preferably within the AWS ecosystem
- Strong programming skills in Python and fluency in data manipulation (SQL, Spark, Pandas) and machine learning (e.g. scikit-learn, Keras/Tensorflow, pymc3) and optimization (e.g. linear programming) tools
- Experience with SQL, accessing and organizing data drawn from relational and non-relational datastores using PySpark and/or Scala
- Experience in cloud computing ecosystems (preferably in AWS) and containerization is a must
- Experience building and maintaining production quality microservices with APIs
- Practical experience in deep learning architectures and frameworks
- Proven background answering open ended research questions using data
- Experience with computational statistics and understanding of theoretical fundamentals of statistics
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving ability.
- Fundamental understanding of the mathematical workings of standard feature engineering and machine learning algorithms.
- Demonstrated communication skills including the ability to switch between technical and business contexts.
- Preferably a background in software development
Extra Credit if you have:
- Media Experience
If the leading edge of media technology is the place you want to be, please contact us today and let’s start the conversation!
/CADENT/ is an EOE M/F/D/V. We do not work with 3rd Party Staffing Agencies.