Lead Software Engineer
Software Development | Manchester, England, United Kingdom | Full Time
Cadent powers the evolution of TV brand advertising. We provide marketers, agencies, operators, and media owners with data-driven solutions for buying and selling TV advertising. By connecting brands with opportunities across national inventory sources—cable, broadcast, and digital media—our technology improves efficiencies and boosts the results of linear, addressable, and cross-screen campaigns.
Right now we are looking for a highly motivated Lead Software Engineer who will be responsible for leading the implementation of our cutting edge addressable linear platform that changes the way in which TV is monetized.
Our ideal A-Player will:
- Lead the development team for our addressable linear product line, turning product requirements into documented designs, facilitating requirements reviews, delivering code with your team, facilitating code reviews and providing technical guidance
- Be creative and effective to deliver high quality, enterprise scalable solutions on time and within budget
- Participate in cross-functional project meetings with technology managers, product managers, project manager, and test engineers as required
- Work with other development managers and team leads to continuously improve our coding best practice and agile development processes.
- Java/J2EE backend and frontend development
Our ideal A-Player will be:
- A leader – of teams and technically
- Someone with great hands on coding skills
- Strong analytically and possess excellent problem solving skills
- The kind of person who thrives with large scale, distributed enterprise architectures
- Someone who is eager to learn new technologies, follow emerging trends and keep abreast of industry news
Our ideal A-Player will have:
- Bachelors degree in computer science, software engineering, related fields or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of hands on Java/J2EE development
- 2+ years in the role of team lead or engineering manager
- In-depth knowledge and hands on development experience GoF design patterns, XML, JSON, and web services
- Experience in implementing large scale enterprise architectures and producing high quality design documentation
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL technologies
- Recent experience in Agile or Scrum development processes
- Recent experience of using continuous integration and automation processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Extra Credit if You Have:
- Digital advertising experience
- AV codec (MPEG2, H.264, HEVC, etc.) and transport code (M2TS, MP4, etc.) experience
- CPE/STB development experience
- Successful start-up experience
If the leading edge of media technology is the place you want to be, please contact us today and let’s start the conversation!
/CADENT/ is an EOE M/F/D/V. We do not work with 3rd Party Staffing Agencies.