IT Operations and Infrastructure | Philadelphia, PA | Full Time
Cadent powers the evolution of TV brand advertising. We provide marketers, agencies, operators, and media owners with data-driven solutions for buying and selling TV advertising. By connecting brands with opportunities across national inventory sources—cable, broadcast, and digital media—our technology improves efficiencies and boosts the results of linear, addressable, and cross-screen campaigns. For more information, visit cadent.tv.
About the role:Right now we are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Cloud/DevOps Engineer. The Cloud/DevOps Engineer serves a critical role in ensuring that Cadent customers, including major programmers like NBC Universal and nationwide service providers like Charter and Time Warner Cable, get the greatest value from Cadent Technology’s hosted service offerings. In addition, DevOps engages with Cadent Sales, Product Management, Technology and Client Services teams with the vital objective to foster continuous improvement of Cadent products and services.
- You are a self-starter with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- You do it all well – work independently, in cross-functional teams and with all organizational levels
- You are responsive and accountable regarding mission critical applications
- You have technical aptitude, and are highly motivated, detail oriented, and organized
- You can seamlessly multi-task and effectively manage multiple priorities
- You get that it’s important to have excellent verbal and written (English) communication skills
What you will do:
- Be part of the IT Ops team that bridges the gap between development and infrastructure operations.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge regarding the capabilities of Cadent products and services
- Work closely with Cadent’s IT Ops and Engineering team to deploy new releases of software into our Test and Production environments
- Engage with Cadent partner teams to ensure and maintain smooth integrations, including verification that releases are successful
- Manage multiple troubleshooting projects simultaneously, appropriately prioritizing the required work effort
- Create new tools to facilitate automated deployments and monitoring of Cadent’s various environments
- Escalate to Operations Support and other Engineering teams for any production issues and service enhancements
- Engage with the senior technology team in implementing Cadent’s cloud strategy with AWS and Azure
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Mastery of Systems (Linux/Windows), AWS Integration and Scripting
- Strong systems engineering and troubleshooting skills
- Expert knowledge of AWS’ services including EC2, VPC, EKS, Route52, Directory Services, Lambda Functions, etc…
- Shell scripting (BASH/Python/PowerShell)
- Container Management
- Experience with configuration and management of micro-services and container engines and orchestration such as Docker, Kubernetes, AWS EKS, etc.
- Code Release Systems
- Understand and integrate with GIT, Team Foundation Server (TFS), and other code repositories
- Monitoring Systems
- System Level (AppDynamics, Idera, etc.)
- Log/Application Level (Elastic Search, Semantic Logging, etc.)
- AWS Monitoring Services (Guard Duty, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Macie)
- Automated configuration management
- Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Database fundamentals
- Administer MSSQL, MySQL, NoSQL (Mongo, Redis, Dynamo, etc) and other opensource databases
- Write and perform basic queries to evaluate database stability, integrity and performance
- Ability to diagnose infrastructure as a whole!
Extra Credit if you have:
- API Creation and Management
- C#/Java programming experience
- Experience with HAProxy/NGINX
- Architecting systems experience
So if the leading edge of media technology is the place you want to be, please contact us today and let’s start the conversation!
/CADENT/ is an EOE M/F/D/V. We do not work with 3rd Party Staffing Agencies.