IT Operations and Infrastructure | Philadelphia, PA | Full Time
In the advertising world, the one with the best platform to target customers, and analytics to understand them, wins. With a full national footprint comprised of more than 200 partners, 210 DMAs and 80 million homes, /CADENT/ has positioned itself to be the essential partner to brands navigating the ever-changing TV advertising landscape. Through our forward-looking solutions, we are defining the present and future (programmatic, addressable, advanced TV) of broadcast/cable audience technology, data, analytics and automation.
Right now, we are looking for a talented and enthusiastic DevOps Engineer. The DevOps Engineer serves a critical role in ensuring that Cadent Technology customers, including major programmers like NBC Universal and nationwide service providers like Charter and Time Warner Cable, get the greatest value from Cadent Technology’s hosted service offerings. In addition, DevOps engages with Cadent Technology Sales, Product Management, Technology and Client Services teams with the vital objective to foster continuous improvement of Cadent Technology products and services.
- You are a self-starter with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- You do it all well – work independently, in cross-functional teams and with all organizational levels
- You are responsive and accountable regarding mission critical applications
- You have technical aptitude, and are highly motivated, detail oriented, and organized
- You can seamlessly multi-task and effectively manage multiple priorities
- You get that it’s important to have excellent verbal and written (English) communication skills
What you will do:
- Be part of the IT Ops team that bridges the gap between development and infrastructure operations.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge regarding the capabilities of Cadent products and services
- Work closely with Cadent’s IT Ops and Engineering team to deploy new releases of software into our Test and Production environments
- Engage with Cadent partner teams to ensure and maintain smooth integrations, including verification that releases are successful
- Manage multiple troubleshooting projects simultaneously, appropriately prioritizing the required work effort
- Create new tools to facilitate automated deployments and monitoring of Cadent’s various environments
- Escalate to Operations Support and other Engineering teams for any production issues and service enhancements
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Mastery of Systems (Linux/Windows), AWS Integration and Scripting
- Strng systems engineering and troubleshooting skills
- Strng knowledge of Amazon Web Services and scalable architecture
- Shell scripting (BASH/Pythn/PowerShell)
- Container Management
- Understanding f configuration and management of micro-services and container engines and orchestration such as Docker, Kubernetes, AWS EKS, etc.
- Code Release Systems
- Understand and integrate with GIT, Team Fundation Server (TFS), and other code repositories
- Leverage Team Fundation Server for job management
- Monitoring Systems
- System Level (AppDynamics, Idera, etc.)
- Lg/Application Level (Elastic Search, Semantic Logging, etc.)
- Automated configuration management
- Team Fundation Server, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Database fundamentals
- Administer MSSQL, MySQL, NSQL (Mongo, Redis, Dynamo, etc) and other opensource databases
- Write and perfrm basic queries to evaluate database stability, integrity and performance
- Ability to diagnose infrastructure as a whole!
Extra Credit if you have:
- API Creation and Management
- C#/Java programming experience
- Experience with HAProxy/NGINX
- Architecting systems experience
Cadent is a leading provider of inventory, advertising technology and data solutions for the pay-TV industry.
So if the leading edge of media technology is the place you want to be, please contact us today and let’s start the conversation!
/CADENT/ is an EOE M/F/D/V. We do not work with 3rd Party Staffing Agencies.