Data Science | Philadelphia, PA | Full Time
Cadent powers the evolution of TV brand advertising. We provide marketers, agencies, operators, and media owners with data-driven solutions for buying and selling TV advertising. By connecting brands with opportunities across national inventory sources—cable, broadcast, and digital media—our technology improves efficiencies and boosts the results of linear, addressable, and cross-screen campaigns.
Right now we are looking for a self motivated Data Engineer to join the team responsible for ingesting, processing, and distributing the data used by Cadent’s data-driven business systems. This position will work directly with our Data Science, Business Intelligence and Software Development teams to produce these systems.
- You have a strong aptitude for querying data sets from heterogeneous sources—both structured and unstructured
- You have commercial experience with both distributed systems, e.g. Hadoop and Spark, cloud ecosystems like AWS and Azure, and traditional relational database systems
- You have a conceptual understanding of advanced numerical programming and will be able to verbalize the story of the data in business terms.
- You can easily work with a diverse team to achieve a common goal
What you will do:
- Process unstructured data into a form suitable for data consumers
- Create data pipelines from various data sources through the different data lake zones to make data available for query and reporting
- Collaborate with data scientists on data selection, preprocessing and formatting for analysis
- Collaborate with software development teams to productize analytical tool prototypes
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and third parties to improve external data sources
- Support business decisions with ad hoc data analysis as needed
- Actively participate in architecting Cadent’s Data Lake solution.
Your education and experience:
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- 3 years of commercial development of efficient and robust ETL and data processing workflows
- 2 years of commercial experience with AWS or Azure ecosystem and Spark programming
- Experience with AWS S3, Glue, Athena, Lambda, EC2 desirable
- 3 years of commercial experience programming in a functional programming language such as Scala and/or an object-oriented programming language such as Java/C#/Python
- Commercial experience with relational database management systems and SQL queries
- Demonstrable analytical and quantitative numerical programming experience
- Good presentation and communication skills—visual and verbal
- Experience working in both Unix/Linux and Windows environments is a plus.
If the leading edge of media technology is the place you want to be, please contact us today and let’s start the conversation!
/CADENT/ is an EOE M/F/D/V. We do not work with 3rd Party Staffing Agencies.