Business Intelligence Developer
IT Operations and Infrastructure | Philadelphia, PA | Full Time
Cross MediaWorks (CMW) is driving the advanced TV revolution. With more the 300 employees worldwide, CMW companies are leading the next generation of cross-platform solutions with turnkey addressable TV capabilities, data-driven media solutions, and performance-based marketing. Leveraging our incredible scale, CMW clients and partners can effectively target audiences with relevant messages, while simplifying advertising workflows across all screens. Cross MediaWorks companies include Cadent, one2one Media and TCA.
Cross MediaWorks is a member of the portfolio of companies managed by Lee Equity Partners.
Right now we are looking for an exceptional Business Intelligence Developer to join our IT Team. The Business Intelligence Developer will develop and implement BI products for internal and external stakeholders across the Cross MediaWorks business and its subsidiaries. BI products include but are not limited to: Tableau dashboards, infographics, knowledge and information in the form of reports, KPI definition and analysis, and process automation. The BI solution stack consists of SQL Server, SSAS, Windows, Linux, Python, Tableau Desktop, and Tableau Server. As such, the ideal candidate should be proficient in obtaining data from diverse sources including flat files and API's, querying and manipulating data with T-SQL, shell scripting, and creating dashboards and scorecards with a reporting tool like Tableau, Qlik, or SSRS.
- Track and report against key corporate and departmental KPIs.
- Update and distribute weekly/monthly reports.
- Complete ad hoc research requests from management.
- Develop T-SQL stored procedures, functions, and queries in SQL Server Management Studio.
- Develop Tableau dashboards and administer Tableau Server (site admin).
- Create and maintain end user reports and dashboards.
- Modify current reports to make updating more efficient.
- Develop wireframes, visual designs, and prototypes based on requirements from the end user.
- Effectively balance workload between multiple projects and switch between projects when necessary.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management or Senior Data Analysts.
Quality Assurance and Documentation Duties:
- Review reports for accuracy and data integrity.
- Maintain documentation on all processes and procedures.
- Document ad hoc workflows and provide support for automation.
- Identify and alert BI management of any discovered data inaccuracies.
- Work with PMO department to ensure proper documentation of all design, analysis, and test cases.
- Perform QA tasks as assigned. Document inaccuracies and suggestions for correction.
- Test project procedural documentation for accuracy.
General and Advancement Duties:
- Comply with policies associated with the use and access of data.
- Contribute to a team environment and complete required training to improve skills.
- Track tasks in JIRA and task hours in Workfront.
- Meet with BI management to update on project milestones.
- Work with senior members on the BI team to cross train and learn additional skills for advancement.
- Research new technologies and continuously bolster technical skills and domain knowledge.
- Ability to work independently and with a team to achieve department objectives.
- Detail-oriented with analytical abilities.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Interest in learning new tools through cross-training and independent study. Acts to integrate new skills into daily activities.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines assigned by management.
- Ability to collaborate across the organization to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics.
- 2-4 years of experience with T-SQL and SQL Server.
- 1-2 years of experience with Tableau and Tableau Server or a comparable visualization tool.
- 2+ years of work experience in an analytical, development, or software engineering position
- Experience in statistical analysis using Python or R is a plus
- Understanding of the media business model, media buys, media math and/or media metrics is a plus.
So if the leading edge of media technology is the place you want to be, please contact us today and let’s start the conversation!
/CADENT/ is an EOE M/F/D/V. We do not work with 3rd Party Staffing Agencies.