Business Intelligence Developer
IT Operations and Infrastructure | Philadelphia, PA | Full Time
Cross MediaWorks (CMW) is driving the advanced TV revolution. With more the 300 employees worldwide, CMW companies are leading the next generation of cross-platform solutions with turnkey addressable TV capabilities, data-driven media solutions, and performance-based marketing. Leveraging our incredible scale, CMW clients and partners can effectively target audiences with relevant messages, while simplifying advertising workflows across all screens. Cross MediaWorks companies include Cadent, one2one Media and TCA.
Cross MediaWorks is a member of the portfolio of companies managed by Lee Equity Partners.
Right now we are looking for an exceptional Business Intelligence Developer to join our IT Team. The Business Intelligence Developer will engineer, design, develop, and implement BI products for internal and external stakeholders across the Cross MediaWorks business and its subsidiaries. BI products include but are not limited to: Tableau dashboards, infographics, knowledge and information in the form of reports, KPI definition and analysis, and process automation. The BI solution stack consists of SQL Server, SSAS, Windows, Linux, Python, Tableau Desktop, and Tableau Server. As such, the Business Intelligence Developer should have a demonstrated proficiency in T-SQL scripting, declarative and functional programming, OOP using Python, shell scripting, software design, and software engineering. Lastly, the ideal candidate should provide support to all associate BI developers on the team
Our ideal A-Player will do the following:
- Software Engineering
- Participate in all phases of requirements engineering: elicitation, analysis, specification, and validation. Create all related documentation (Use Cases, FS document, Supplementary Spec)
- Engineer BI products, workflows, and control mechanisms. Design the structure, information, and behavior of new software modules and information systems.
- Apply analysis and design principles such as abstraction, modularity, and encapsulation.
- Assure software quality via testing and manage the quality triangle (people, processes, tools).
- Information Systems Engineering
- Meet with internal stakeholders to evaluate organizational and departmental drivers. Identify opportunities for new reporting and become an SME on all existing reports.
- Create and submit Request for Change (RFC) and Method of Procedure (MOP) as required.
- Identify and implement process optimization methods using standard BPM techniques.
- Manage risk associated with the use, processing, storage, and transmission of data to ensure the integrity, availability, authenticity, non-repudiation and confidentiality of information.
- Plan, schedule, and control the movement of release items between development, quality assurance, user acceptance testing, disaster recovery, and production environments.
- Conduct capacity planning, management, and administration on all BI owned information systems (Windows & Linux VMs, SQL Server RDBMS & SSAS, Python, Tableau Server)
- Computer Science & Data Engineering
- Engineer data pipelines and information workflows across platforms, machines, and languages. Evaluate performance, availability, and reliability and comply with all SLAs.
- Develop T-SQL stored procedures, functions, and queries in SQL Server Management Studio
- Create Windows and Linux shell scripts to start, control, and manage automated processes
- Develop functional scripts and object oriented programs in Python via Spyder and Jupyter
- Administer Tableau Server, develop Tableau dashboards and use Tableau REST & JS APIs
- Project Management & Leadership
- Track tasks and task hours in JIRA
- Assist associate BI developers with all phases of product development as necessary.
- Identify any potential roadblocks or delays for projects and notify management accordingly. Proactively circumnavigate issues to avoid unnecessary delays.
- Work with PMO department to ensure proper documentation of all design, analysis, and test cases.
- Effectively balance workload between multiple projects and switch between projects when necessary.
- Research new technologies and continuously bolster technical skills and domain knowledge
Our ideal A-Player will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics. 2-4 years of experience with Tableau and Tableau Server or a related visualization tool.
- 2-4 years of experience with T-SQL and SQL Server.
- 2-4 years of work experience in an analytical, development, or software engineering position
- Expert in all Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Access, etc.).
- Ability to work independently and with a team to achieve department objectives.
- Detailed oriented with advanced analytical abilities.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Interest in learning new tools through cross-training and independent study. Takes action to integrate new skills into daily activities.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines assigned by management.
- Ability to collaborate across the organization to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
So if the leading edge of media technology is the place you want to be, please contact us today and let’s start the conversation!
/CADENT/ is an EOE M/F/D/V. We do not work with 3rd Party Staffing Agencies.