Business Intelligence Data Technician
Data Operations | Philadelphia, PA | Full Time
The primary duty of the Business Intelligence Data Technician is to manage the data receipt, loading and verification processes. This role will develop new methodologies for analyzing daily record counts to indicate if all data has been received. Communication to other departments on the ‘health’ of the data for reporting will be a key aspect of this role. This role will also be responsible for managing the set up of client reports within Cadent’s internal software and review client results to ensure accuracy.
Note: This is a 3 month contract assignment
- Project Duties
- Manage the receipt of 3rd party data files.
- Perform various tasks associated with campaign setup in Cadent’s internal systems
- Conduct continuous error checks to ensure the integrity of all incoming data from our external partners, identify discrepancies, and pursue timely resolution of issues
- Export data periodically to facilitate the invoicing process and report on media campaign performance
- Verify high level file metrics before and after the loading of files.
- Research within the company database for any data discrepancies.
- Work with external vendors regarding data questions.
- Monitor daily record counts.
- Communicate to concerned parties any missing information on a daily basis.
- Conduct impact analysis of missing data from an inventory source.
- Track and report against key departmental KPIs.
- Update and distribute daily/weekly/monthly reports.
- Complete ad hoc research requests from management upon request.
- Develop T-SQL stored procedures, functions, and queries in SQL Server Management Studio.
- Effectively balance workload between multiple projects and switch between projects when necessary.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management or Senior staff members.
- General and Advancement Duties
- Comply with policies associated with the use and access of data.
- Contribute to a team environment and complete required training to improve skills.
- Track tasks in JIRA and task hurs in Workfront.
- Meet with BI management t update on milestones.
- Work with senior members on the BI team to cross train and learn additional skills for advancement.
- Research new technologies and continuously bolster technical skills and domain knowledge.
- Ability to work independently and with a team to achieve department objectives.
- Detail-oriented with analytical abilities.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Interest in learning new tools through cross-training and independent study. Acts to integrate new skills into daily activities.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines assigned by management.
- Ability to collaborate across the organization to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics.
- 1-2 years’ experience with T-SQL and SQL Server.
/CADENT/ is an EOE M/F/D/V. We do not work with 3rd Party Staffing Agencies.