Broadcast Media Buyer
Broadcast | New York, NY | Full Time
Cross MediaWorks (CMW) is driving the advanced TV revolution. With more the 300 employees worldwide, CMW companies are leading the next generation of cross-platform solutions with turnkey addressable TV capabilities, data-driven media solutions, and performance-based marketing. Leveraging our incredible scale, CMW clients and partners can effectively target audiences with relevant messages, while simplifying advertising workflows across all screens. Cross MediaWorks companies include Cadent, one2one Media and TCA.
Cross MediaWorks is a member of the portfolio of companies managed by Lee Equity Partners.
Right now we are looking for an exceptional Broadcast Media Buyer to join our Broadcast Team. The candidate will have individual buying responsibilities in stewardship of TV buys across multiple markets and participate in campaign management.
- Collaborative approach to work within a team environment
- Possess fundamental negotiation and time management skills
- Great with the “details” coupled with organization skills
- Comfortable in fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt and adjust direction to meet objectives
- Able to work independently and execute effectively
- Show a passion for what you do and have fun while doing it
- Appreciate giving and receiving feedback as part of a company culture
Our Ideal Player Will:
- Media schedule development – 40 %
- Gather rates, construct TV buys in buying system, and send schedules to stations
- Effectively negotiate & steward buys across multiple markets
- Serve as market expert, providing insight to marketplace conditions and opportunities in specific markets
- Work closely with Spot Market and syndication sales representatives to promote advantageous relationships
- Media schedule management – 40%
- Manage market budgets and deliverables (GRPs, Impressions)
- React quickly to campaign results and implement required optimizations as directed
- Account Management – 10%
- Assist Broadcast Buying Account Manager in maintenance budget and clearance spreadsheets
- Participate in campaign results meetings/call with sales team
- Assist broadcast buying account manager in communication of campaign status to VP and Director of broadcast buying
- Administrative – 10%
- Represent Cadent Network and its clients in a professional manner at media industry events and presentations
Our ideal player will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree and / or a combination of 2 years or more of spot market media buying experience within agency and/or client environment
- Experience using Strata preferred, but not required
- Working knowledge of Nielsen and TV ratings
- Market knowledge, market/vendor relationships
- Strong communication, presentation
- Must be an analytical thinker with proficient media math and research skills
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
So if the leading edge of media technology is the place you want to be, please contact us today and let’s start the conversation!
/CADENT/ is an EOE M/F/D/V. We do not work with 3rd Party Staffing Agencies.